Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

Rapid 17

LG 55EC930V OLED television

Super Wammer

I'm looking to replace my 42" Panny plasma at some point, still not seen an LCD/LED tv thats as good on colour, viewing angles and motion.

Hopefully there may be some more affordable (<£1k) ~40" OLED sets coming out in the next year or so :upgrade:

I have had Samsung f8500 series plasma and replaced that with samsung JU7000 - not the top model but still fairly decent Tv - was about same price new as plasma. I do really miss Plasma now. Viewing angles are just bad for me and it does really bother me. Plus the screen is just horrible at some sort of dark grey / black screens. Black level is ok but just that bit when is not black it is just strangely washed up - menus on some players or when it swithc between menus. 4K is excellent but there is no content for it so not something that is of any use. I wish I can afford OLED but cannot quite afford to spend that much. If i am in position to buy new tv now I would choose one of the pana VT series or samsung F8500 for few years and the wait how OLED develops and go down in price.

just bought a 48inch samsung 6000 series backlit LED flatscreen. Brilliant image on Blu Ray, excellent sound unusually and all for less than £600.

On 02/06/2015 at 11:44, Hornucopia said:

Be lovely to find a stash of nos Kuros somewhere! Have they ever been beaten?

Still have our 50" Kuro and its been faultless. 4K aside I'd still rank its picture quality up there with many of today's offerings. Then again it cost £3.5k seven years ago !

Discover Costco! Mine was NOS there for circa £800! WITH Soundbar! 5+ years back.

Edited by Hornucopia

On 11/16/2015 at 11:47, rockmeister said:

just bought a 48inch samsung 6000 series backlit LED flatscreen. Brilliant image on Blu Ray, excellent sound unusually and all for less than £600.

This particular model is on my shortlist right now. Anything else you really like about it?