The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

jarrod

difficult track

Was much better last year,quite a lot brought there own music.[/quote

yes I agree it was better than previous years - some offerings were really interesting. Some who offered were amazed at their familiar vinyl sounding so BIG . Some lp s were----- how shall I say ----- not my taste/quality --- but made the owners v happy when played so success!.

"Good music " has many very different meanings .Beethoven late quartets are exquisite to a very few and heavy metal to a different very few .

Some music that challange the lower end of the frequency spectrum are difficult to reproduce.

Certain speakers might fall in impedance, needing high current that some amps might not deliver, resulting into clipping.

Tracks I like to listen to that could do that are:

Yello - Touch - Takla Makan

Massive Attack - Mezzanine - Angel

Infected Mushroom - B.P. Empire - Never Ever Land

If you can play this in the 90 dB range that's a pass (and might need replastering your walls) ;-).

Super Wammer

And I'd just removed Takla Makan from the playlist :doh: so as not to offend CrimsonDonkey - just proves that its a minefield! ;-)

I do believe he's going to bring a whole FiiO full of his choice, so that'll be ideal to plug directly into our system, as a FiiO is the source this year.

Super Wammer
Those detected hiding jazz get priority playing time OBVIOUSLY. All jazz lovers coming your way now!

you are welcome, however if the detetcor goes off the next level of security is this

universal-new-mat_w-300x300.jpg

relay trip on the mains voltage

to quote Dirty Harry "so do you feel lucky punk?"

And I'd just removed Takla Makan from the playlist :doh: so as not to offend CrimsonDonkey - just proves that its a minefield! ;-)

I do believe he's going to bring a whole FiiO full of his choice, so that'll be ideal to plug directly into our system, as a FiiO is the source this year.

Offend away! I'lll play stuff that will equally make others roll their eyes.

What tends to make me smile is playing tracks to flatter a system, rather than just to enjoy the music itself. I'll play all sorts of recordings and to hell with whether people feel they have exposed weaknesses in my system and room set up. After all a number of systems have been tuned to suit their own tastes in music, I don't think mine has but it very likely is tuned whether I recognise that or not!

So James Blake, Trentemoller,. even Yello all welcome.

And then of course there was the Mariachi marching band from last year. Hi Vlad !! I look forward to seeing you, but not that particular LP.:)

i got stung with this one too. Misterpete was in the room at the time and we both sat, dumfounded sharing the occasional 'wtf' glance.

however, in Vlad's defence i don't think it's a wind up at all, i've seen him use it as a 'reference' on several occasions now. maybe he likes it :)

AND it wasn't the worst i had last year. somebody asked me to play what can only be described as a manic preacher 'sing/shouting' down a radio mic. very, very strange. enough to have me shouting for Vlad to come back!!!!

Super Wammer
I shall be bringing ZZ Top with me mostly.
and a stick on beard with meringue crumbs in?

Will not let you down again this year :testy1:

You never disappoint :hug: whether anyone else will like it is a different question :P

Limit to your love gets played a few times by me too... although I'll have to be a bit more careful as on one demo I made someones missus feel a bit ill :oops:

Super Wammer
You never disappoint :hug: whether anyone else will like it is a different question :P

Limit to your love gets played a few times by me too... although I'll have to be a bit more careful as on one demo I made someones missus feel a bit ill :oops:

how was that? & in public?