avinunca1

Wot No BBC on Squeezebox

When it's all solved can someone send me a clear instruction on how I can play high quality BBC radio on my SBT.

I'm reasonable IT savvy but those on the Logitech forum make me look like a Neanderthal. I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it's all solved can someone send me a clear instruction on how I can play high quality BBC radio on my SBT.

I'm reasonable IT savvy but those on the Logitech forum make me look like a Neanderthal. I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

What type of platform do you run LMS on for serving your SBT? A PC or a NAS. If the former I think the plugin they are developing should b reasonably easy to install once it is stable. Installing on a NAS like the Synology I use may well be trickier.

That BBC blog is now closed for comment, but their head of media services has now posted a new blog post http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/entries/2ff95543-7547-4b2d-9305-563428fb74f5, mind you he doesn't really add very much more than the previous responses from Jim Simmons

I run lms on PC Simon.

I run lms on PC Simon.

That'll make life easier when they have finished coding their plugins.

Hi Geoff

I will send you simple, easy to follow instructions, from the SlimDevices Forum, on how to get 320kps streaming back, from the BBC.

Got some jobs to do first.

I have it up and running.

The Squeezebox community have got the BBC streams back, at least for now!

Instructions from bpa for Windows -

Install ffmpeg.exe (static 64 bit) into the LMS Bin directory alongside sox, faad etc.

The ffmpeg.exe came from here - Zeranoe FFmpeg - Builds

Install ffmpeg before installing the plugin otherwise you'll need to restart LMS after install of ffmpeg.

To get the option of installing the PlayHLS plugin add the repository URL below at bottom of LMS settings Plugins.

http://bpaplugins.googlecode.com/svn...po-playhls.xml

After installing the plug-in, LMS will offer to reboot, do this.

Add the URL of new BBC Radio streams to your Favourites, list here

What about folk like myself who do not use any external hardware. Do we wait until a new Triode plug in is available?

What about folk like myself who do not use any external hardware. Do we wait until a new Triode plug in is available?

It seems to depend if you have LMS on your PC or a NAS.

NAS users have to wait for a plug-in, but it seems ffmpeg (a video and audio capable format) doesn't work well with some OS/processors, so wait and fingers crossed.

I haven't seen whether a headless Touch might cope with this.

It seems to depend if you have LMS on your PC or a NAS.

NAS users have to wait for a plug-in, but it seems ffmpeg (a video and audio capable format) doesn't work well with some OS/processors, so wait and fingers crossed.

I haven't seen whether a headless Touch might cope with this.

A NAS with a low powered processor may have some difficulty running these plugins and they may not have the guts to transcode on the fly. The solutions may only work for higher powered NAS's and PC's. Not sure about raspberry pi's - the single core version might struggle.

Nope they've switched off (or are switching off) the AAC streams.

Don't know enough about the stream magic units but they might be able to get he lower quality 128kbps MP3 streams