Sign in to follow this  
russ abbott - royds broth

What amps for triangle?

Super Wammer

when i heard Earls at his bake off, sounded great with Copland stuff :)

When I was buying the Icon stereo 40i the hairy hifi dude was very enthusiastic about me taking home some Triangles with it. I would have too but I wanted real wood. The Triangles that I listened to were rather good though!

I thought quite few triangle owning wammers were using Cairn amps

Maybe some French synergy, :)

I think someone said on a thread that Triangle were either voiced with Cairn or they were used in the developement, not 100% sure on that.

Tel wrote:

I think someone said on a thread that Triangle were either voiced with Cairn or they were used in the developement, not 100% sure on that.

Worth pm-ing Sodders, he uses the Cairn/Triangle combo. Think the amp & speakers are manufactered on the same industrial estate in France.

Would have said Unico, but don't think you'll find one for £300 2nd hand. But you are welcome to borrow my Unico if you want to hear what it sounds like.

I've run mine witha small NAD amp too (model 312 IIRC) and that was decent.

I keep meaning to wire them up with a Sonneteer, but haven't found the time to do it. As Greg (Roll with it) will attest, Sonneteers, though they come up rarely, and are wonderful amps, tend to go for very little money. But I suspect they would work well together given the amps traits.

Actually, I visited their workshop recently and they mentioned that they had done shows with Triangle in the past where Sonneteer electronics were used.

Maybe an Audio Analogue Puccini? Since UKD distributes Audio Analogue, Unison Research and Triangle, might be worth giving them a ring?

epca wrote:

Would have said Unico, but don't think you'll find one for £300 2nd hand. But you are welcome to borrow my Unico if you want to hear what it sounds like.

I've run mine witha small NAD amp too (model 312 IIRC) and that was decent.

I keep meaning to wire them up with a Sonneteer, but haven't found the time to do it. As Greg (Roll with it) will attest, Sonneteers, though they come up rarely, and are wonderful amps, tend to go for very little money. But I suspect they would work well together given the amps traits.

Actually, I visited their workshop recently and they mentioned that they had done shows with Triangle in the past where Sonneteer electronics were used.

Maybe an Audio Analogue Puccini? Since UKD distributes Audio Analogue, Unison Research and Triangle, might be worth giving them a ring?

Thanks for info.
Also for offer of borrowing your unico.
Sonneteer have been on my list of amps for a few years now since i had neats and heard them at bristol.Theres a puccini on ebay but seemed a bit much at £350.

I had Titus XS's . they were a bit forward but they do suggest Valve amps to tame them. very efficient as well. i think they are all about 90db/m

Tel wrote:

Yep -Cairns are the ones.

Testies Marantz. Works VERY well with triangles.

The Celius worked well with the ATC SIA2-150 and are working very well with a Croft Syntegra.

Effem's Antal worked well with just about everything we tried - Puresound A30, Prima Luna 3/5, ATC, Audio Synthesis.

Earl's Naia sounded good with the Cairn but I preferred the Copland.

Given what the Croft does with Triangles, I suspect a Lavardin would be good too.

Maybe Effem will post. He's probably tried his Antal with more amps than one could shake a stick at.