Guest

Primare posse

Recommended Posts

On 3/11/2017 at 18:38, deebee said:

In my spare time; I am now fro be found more often than not, ignoring TV in the preference of just enjoying music (yes cd and digital too) on my system.
 

Having taken delivery of my I32 with my new Monitor Audio Silver 8s I am of the same sentiment. And whats more I may have condemned my 20 year old son to the siren of hifi nirvana. We sat there tonight listing to his CDs. Parkway Drive, Amity Affliction and In Hearts Wake. He was amazed how good music could sound and I am amazed how good this sounded. And I could seriously sit in my front room for the next year rediscovering my music collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have enjoyed my 2nd had purchase ...a primare dvd30. Had it now for two years and I love it. Mainly for the odd CD play back. Not bad value for money. Lovely build quality.

Clean, crisp and neutral without sounding dry.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Dealer

The DVD30 is a cracking bit of kit , i have only just replaced mine at home with the BD32 as it makes life easier with it playing BR films . I knew there would be a good increase in sound quality from CD as we have sold a good few to customers . But when listening at home..it was a wow moment ! Even streaming through the BD32 rather than the NP30...not as slick to use but good its so good

Any one for a second hand NP30?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to mfav, top bloke .i now have a primare a34.2 power amp,just running it with my rega elex r pre outs,wanted extra power for my atc scm 11 mk 2 speakers,was a bit worried about loosing the rega sound ,and not sure about the synergy between the two,seem the sound is still very lively but alot better bass,every cd i played last night,my other half nearly fell off the sofa from jigging,bobbing head ,and all round sit dance dancing,good me thinks,or just with the rega ,was it she just sat there and was lost in the quality ?. Time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Dealer
On 26/03/2017 at 09:01, mattykyuss said:

Thanks to mfav, top bloke .i now have a primare a34.2 power amp,just running it with my rega elex r pre outs,wanted extra power for my atc scm 11 mk 2 speakers,was a bit worried about loosing the rega sound ,and not sure about the synergy between the two,seem the sound is still very lively but alot better bass,every cd i played last night,my other half nearly fell off the sofa from jigging,bobbing head ,and all round sit dance dancing,good me thinks,or just with the rega ,was it she just sat there and was lost in the quality ?. Time will tell.

The 34.2 is great..and is one of the few power amps that when bridged is more than twice the amp..We have driven speakers costing more than £50000 with a pair of bridged 34.2 and they sounded fantastic

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/03/2017 at 11:03, MFAV said:

The DVD30 is a cracking bit of kit , i have only just replaced mine at home with the BD32 as it makes life easier with it playing BR films . I knew there would be a good increase in sound quality from CD as we have sold a good few to customers . But when listening at home..it was a wow moment ! Even streaming through the BD32 rather than the NP30...not as slick to use but good its so good

I've had a BD32 for a couple of years now, and mainly use it for CD / SACD. It's a first rate player and discovered Primare for me. I'm a bit of convert since, with a pre32/MM30 and R32 phono stage bought since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Dealer

Having bought and sold a few BD32's, both the Mk1 and MK2 models i have just bitten the bullet and ordered another BD32Mk2 for home and i am not going to change it !! Every time i fit one and then put it on a job i get earache from SWMBO as she likes how it sounds better than the one you keep putting back in..

It was a great deal from the distributor as i think as they are based on the now defunct Oppo 103 model  .They are running out of stock(no black left at all) and it had to be done..

Wondering if they will show anything new in Munich?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Dealer

The Mk2 like the Oppo does the 4K playback (not though 4K discs) . I find it also plays back remotely stored files way better .Primare use the Crystal DAC chip set in the plaer , the same as they used in the DAC30 before it was discontinued .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Dealer

From what i can gather the DAC30 is gone and they have no AV product left in black , we are buying the SPA23 and BD32 in the titanium finish on a cracking deal until that is  sold through. The two channel range bar the 60 are getting on now and i think they will show new product at Munich in a couple of weeks time due to the offers on some of the other kit.

I will be there for the first two days and if i see anything i will post some pictures  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They already showed the new products at a distributor in Sweden, not much news leaked out, except the series will be called i35 ( i32 ) with new design!

Also a smaller model i15 I think it was called, got this from a Swedish forum, not sure how accurate the information is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
On 3/27/2017 at 09:57, MFAV said:

The 34.2 is great..and is one of the few power amps that when bridged is more than twice the amp..We have driven speakers costing more than £50000 with a pair of bridged 34.2 and they sounded fantastic

Those are what I'm using at the moment into Revel Studio 2s. Dynamics are what you might call startling, and they don't even get warm.

Jack (Non-Smoking Man) used one in mono to good effect on his bass horn in his hybrid system at Scalford. The apparent mismatch (550W and ultra-high efficiency) did not seem to cause problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the Primare gear. Had an A30.1 as well as I22 and adored both for different reasons. Was I not to go active I'd stick to Primare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.