Primare posse

What would you Yorkie hardened flat cap types use then?

Probably something like 'raht uncommon'.

:^

I have an I32 which is great. Anyone thought about biamping with a Primare power amp?

I have a Primare I21 in my stereo setup.

Works very well with a pair of Monitor Audio GX100.

In terms of transparency, detail, dynamic range, soundstage and timing precision this small integrated amp is quite impressive IMO.

I'm new around here. First post in fact. So if recommendations aren't allowed please accept my apologies and delete.

I'm in Cornwall as well and am in the process of getting my SPA21 repaired. The UK rep is Karma AV. They're up north but will arrange the courier for you. They will repair and prices are pretty reasonable.

I have also just discovered what would appear to be a very good electronic engineer in Cornwall. I've not used him yet but looking at his work on his facebook page, which includes board level diagnostics/repairs and chip replacements on things like class d modules, dacs and even pc motherboards, combined with good feedback, I'd say he can probably repair anything to a high standard. I'm going to start feeding him some of my older gear for repair/refurb. Look for Top Hat Electronics on facebook if you want it done locally.

I feel like I should say something else about Primare so: I love my P30 preamp. It's just used for stereo hifi at the moment but sounds incredible.

The SPA21 had an intermittent fault when I got it, which degraded to completely knackered within a couple of hours. Once that was fixed it turned out to be hiding a couple of other non critical faults (dac etc) so it's off to fix again :| That said, in the 15 seconds I had it working, it sounded great, and those days will return :)

I'm liking the pics in this thread, most shiny :)

I'm running a BD32 Bluray / SACD / network streamer. Absolutely brilliant! The best player I've ever had.

Primare must be one of the most underrated brands out there. I've just been lucky to win a Pre32 on ebay. It came today, and connected up to the ATC SCM20ATLS in the front room, it has completely transformed the sound.

Bright, clear, detailed, powerful, controlled - wonderful !

I don't know whether it's the effect of running fully balanced from the pre to the active speakers, or just the quality of the preamp, but it's just great.

I'd be pleased at full price. At what I paid, I'm grinning from ear to ear !

Looking forward to the holidays when I can get to try it in the main system with the Quad 606 and the ESLs. I lose the benefit of the balanced outputs by using the 606, but gain the benefit of balanced inputs from the BD32.

Maybe I should look out for another one !

As a happy (proud?) I32 owner, I'm glad to see this thread. Beautiful object.

Perhaps some other fans here can give me some assistance. My I32 is across the country in storage, and I'm looking to buy a piece of furniture it will live on in the near future. I have no way of getting a proper measurement of its true depth, that is, if I had some RCA cables and speaker cables (spade) hooked up. Could anybody here measure their unit and give me an idea of what sort of clearance I will need for it to fit in a space that might have a back wall? That is, basically, from tip of the volume knob to where the RCA cable can have a bit of bend.

Thanks!

Primare products are very deep. Fitting my Pre32 onto a tripod rack with the centre pillar at the back is a bit of a problem, and I can't use some of the inputs as a result; the pillar gets in the way. It's difficult to measure in situ, but I reckon it's something like 47cm front to back, allowing reasonable space for cable plugs. The manual says 38,5cm, but it's not clear if that includes the knobs.

I've just bought a R32 phono stage. It arrived today and I'm delighted with it !

Just took possession of a Primare R32 phono stage, it has replaced a Whest Two which in turn replaced a Trichord Dino 2 which replaced a Naim Stageline. All I can say is that the Primare is substantially more than the other phono amp I have owned, both physically and audibly to.

There is so much air around the instruments and the voice it's amazing. I'm hearing details I've never heard before. Oh and have I mentioned bass? There is more controlled bass than I have witnessed before in my system.

I'm over the moon with my new phono stage I've started to research the i32 with MM module to replace my Supernait2!!

Just took possession of a Primare R32 phono stage, it has replaced a Whest Two which in turn replaced a Trichord Dino 2 which replaced a Naim Stageline. All I can say is that the Primare is substantially more than the other phono amp I have owned, both physically and audibly to.

There is so much air around the instruments and the voice it's amazing. I'm hearing details I've never heard before. Oh and have I mentioned bass? There is more controlled bass than I have witnessed before in my system.

I'm over the moon with my new phono stage I've started to research the i32 with MM module to replace my Supernait2!!

I have been trying a few phonostages recently and having just bought a R32 I have to agree it is excellent with top fit and finish and a sound that belies its price.

_DSC4315_zps9pvojlcl.jpg

I have been trying a few phonostages recently and having just bought a R32 I have to agree it is excellent with top fit and finish and a sound that belies its price.

_DSC4315_zps9pvojlcl.jpg

Congratulations, looks great in silver.

this is all great - thinking of binning my Elicit R and going for an i32 & r32

think my deck deserves better - what do you think

My 1st serious amp was a 30.1 along with the same cd player and I kept them for years. I sold the amp to upgrade to a Krell which was better, but not 4 times better as the price was. I've only sold the cd player recently as I now stream and in over 10 years it never missed a beat. I upgraded the internal power cable for some pure silver and that really made an improvement. I've got the R32 phonostage and I'm frankly stunned how Primare can do this build quality and sonics for the price, stunning.

Super Wammer

Here is mine, only a phone photo I am afraid

IMG_0516_zpsxawekpfu.jpg

Edited by Cas