Primare posse

Hi all... New to the forums and to the brand. Recently bought an I22 integrated with DAC module, blind, after running a Cyrus 5 for 17 years.... Bloody hell, it''s good. I was intending on getting a Rega Elex-R, but at the price and with a 30 day return period, I took a punt. It was so worth it.

Sources are Apple Music through AEX, and a Rega Planar 3 and Rega Fono MM MkII. I've abandoned CD. I was running a Cyrus 6 CD player, and could not hear a tiny bit of difference from the Apple Music. My kids have CD players I can borrow should I have the uncontrollable urge to spin a silver disc.

Speakers are currently KEF Q700. I do love them, although if KEF did something stand mounted between the R300 and the Reference, say in the region of the B&W 705 S2 (which are utterly sublime) I may well be tempted!

That amp though.... gorgeous to look at, and gorgeous to listen to.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to the posse! Now that you have a more revealing integrated you may well hear a difference between Apple and a good CD.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

5A3F9512-0DD3-4ED9-B282-78CCE00E655B.thumb.jpeg.2bbd4ad42abca39ee4d3134a6c96b769.jpeg

I’m happy with my Pre32, I’m happy with my Pre32, why did I look on their FB page? 

I don’t need a Pre35 :love:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Beyond you said:

5A3F9512-0DD3-4ED9-B282-78CCE00E655B.thumb.jpeg.2bbd4ad42abca39ee4d3134a6c96b769.jpeg

I’m happy with my Pre32, I’m happy with my Pre32, why did I look on their FB page? 

I don’t need a Pre35 :love:

So it's not just me? 

• Upvote 1

On 01/03/2018 at 15:55, MFAV said:

I have listened to the new i35 against the i32 and boy thats going to be a killer amp , i have pre and A60 at home and want to try it against that as soon as i can as it wouold free up space that is in short supply for me

good luck with your display

Hi

An old post: have you now had a chance to compare the i35 with your pre and A60 setup?

As a very happy owner of the A60 power amp for 3 years I'd be very interested in your findings. During the 18 years I've used class D power amps the A60 is the best; truly excellent, almost invisible, not adding to or subtracting from the DAC/preamp output sound quality.

Looking at the Primare model numbering system I do wonder if there will be a A70 power amp in the not to distant future?

Super Dealer
On 08/09/2018 at 20:29, DavidL said:

Hi

An old post: have you now had a chance to compare the i35 with your pre and A60 setup?

As a very happy owner of the A60 power amp for 3 years I'd be very interested in your findings. During the 18 years I've used class D power amps the A60 is the best; truly excellent, almost invisible, not adding to or subtracting from the DAC/preamp output sound quality.

Looking at the Primare model numbering system I do wonder if there will be a A70 power amp in the not to distant future?

Yes i have , the i35 is a killer . Bass is fantastic ,deep and really strong..but the timing is where it wins for me . I think its a great value product..but will it be a move forward from the A60? I think its too close ..for me . If i had not got the A60 ..then its a no brainer . What i always wish is that i had bought a couple of A34.2 as bridged mono they performed way above where they should have . 

There will be soon the A35.2 and the new pre to go with it ..

What i did like though was the new lay out on the app , way better than the old one 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info MFAV. I too looked at the alternative of getting a couple of A34.2 as bridged mono, but reasoned that the A.60 effectively integrated the same components.

I'll be very interested to see/hear the new power amps when they appear.

Super Dealer
16 hours ago, DavidL said:

Thanks for the info MFAV. I too looked at the alternative of getting a couple of A34.2 as bridged mono, but reasoned that the A.60 effectively integrated the same components.

I'll be very interested to see/hear the new power amps when they appear.

From what i am led to believe they will be shown in the UK at the Windsor show in November

Well hello! I am now the proud owner of a new to me i30. I didn't expect much to be honest as its probably the least I've spent on an amp. I'm running it with a pair of kudos c1 (hangover from maim ownership) an rme adi2 dac and an auralic aries. So as I say I didn't have massively high hopes with it being a relatively old amp but I didn't want one of the new ones as I've just tried a nord class d amp which while fantastic, I found a little brittle?

I'm really surprised, very little sibilance (unless its on the recording) while being detailed enough. Weirdly nothing stands out but it just sounds more natural. From Black Crowes to Vienna Teng and Agnes Obel it all sounds good. Even the bad recording sound bad, but enjoyable. Which to be fair is what its about, enjoying it. One thing it does get hot, very hot although I only have an inch of clear space above it but the sides are open. So this was all a gamble. I was going to try a 30 watt class a for something different. So after 5 years of amp searching I think I've found my home. Now... About that second hand np30...

Quick question, does anyone have any recommendations for someone with a good reputation for servicing items like this. Preferably in the west midlands?

Edited by Gridlock
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gridlock said:

Well hello! I am now the proud owner of a new to me i30. I didn't expect much to be honest as its probably the least I've spent on an amp. I'm running it with a pair of kudos c1 (hangover from maim ownership) an rme adi2 dac and an auralic aries. So as I say I didn't have massively high hopes with it being a relatively old amp but I didn't want one of the new ones as I've just tried a nord class d amp which while fantastic, I found a little brittle?

I'm really surprised, very little sibilance (unless its on the recording) while being detailed enough. Weirdly nothing stands out but it just sounds more natural. From Black Crowes to Vienna Teng and Agnes Obel it all sounds good. Even the bad recording sound bad, but enjoyable. Which to be fair is what its about, enjoying it. One thing it does get hot, very hot although I only have an inch of clear space above it but the sides are open. So this was all a gamble. I was going to try a 30 watt class a for something different. So after 5 years of amp searching I think I've found my home. Now... About that second hand np30...

Quick question, does anyone have any recommendations for someone with a good reputation for servicing items like this. Preferably in the west midlands?

It might be worth contacting Karma AV, the importers.  http://www.karma-av.co.uk/ui/content/content.aspx?ID=4

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
7 hours ago, Gridlock said:

Hi 

Is this your amp? Very nice if it is👍

B03269AF-2F35-4202-A28B-59D6A65C84F2.jpeg.ccd282ec1acbafcfcf716e48dd7d096b.jpeg

Are you considering buying a NP30? 

I agree with Nick go to Karma AV they do all repairs and servicing in the UK .