Primare posse

I made a major upgrade from a Rotel RX-1052 to the I32 in April. It is such a natural match with Canton Ergo 1002DCs. Now I have  half a system that no one in my circle had ever heard of. I love getting something that not only performs what it was designed to do exceptionally well; but paying much less than anything else in it's league.

PS: The I32 sparkles with vintage Stax ear speakers.

• Upvote 1

On 6/3/2017 at 15:17, Beyond you said:

Thank you Crisis for pointing out the option to upscale on the CD22. :^

So i took the plunge and brought a new CD22 at a discounted price and listened to CD's for the first time in 2 years last night and enjoyed every minute.

34932931971_6cc23ee3eb_z.jpg

Well done. I have been playing mine set on 192khz for some time now and have settled with that. And I have placed my gear on IKEA bamboo butchers blocks after reading how they are supposed to absorb minor vibrations. I am pretty skeptical of that crap but I hear a definite tightening of bass that more than compensates what the 192 setting sounded like it concede compared to 48khz. In addition there is an improvement in the crispness of HF and everything sounds less veiled (although I would never have characterised the original sound as thus).

IMAG0267v.jpg

On 5/21/2017 at 21:04, leroyd said:

Love my Primare Kit CD32, Pre32 and A 30.2 power amp. I have been running this set up with a pair of System Audio 1750. I think it is time to replace the 1750's with a new pair of floorstanders. My room is 14 feet by 15 feet and the speakers will be each side of the fire place in two alcoves so positioning is compromised.

Because of my rural location and the general lack of HI FI stores in these parts, it might mean that 'try before you buy' will be difficult. Any suggestions from the Primare posse?. The issue wiht the 1750's is that the do not get down very low and sound a bit sparse in terms of bass, particularly at low volumes

Thanks in advance

I have my I32 running into Monitor Audio Silver 8s and they are an excellent match. I like tight bass and plenty of detail and they do it perfectly. I couldn't be happier with this pairing .

Good morning Primare Posse, this is available on PFM, very good by all accounts! The seller is a member on here too.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=205157

Super Dealer
On 13/08/2017 at 00:21, crisis said:

Has anyone had a chance to hear the new amps and CD players released at Munich?

they are not due to be released until September , we had a listen in a none ideal situation at the Munich show and to be honest it sounded fine . Waiting for the email to say htey are on the way