Dipstick

Puresound owners unite!

10 hours ago, eddie-baby said:

Always fancied trying one of the A30s. Apparently, they did  60 watt per channel versions as well. Does anyone know of any I could demo or selling for a reasonable price?

Switchable Ultra linear / Tetrode for 40/60W.

Just sold mine (in AU) and well regarded here.

1 minute ago, e.man said:

Switchable Ultra linear / Tetrode for 40/60W.

Just sold mine (in AU) and well regarded here.

So what do you have now? And is it much better than the a30? Did you stick with valves?

On 24/05/2019 at 00:42, eddie-baby said:

So what do you have now? And is it much better than the a30? Did you stick with valves?

That's the Bewitch version, very different from the puresound, same chassis different components and circuit. 

Posted (edited)

It says on the Puresound website there's a variation model as well. Now I'm confused. Does it mean there's are a more powerful one to look out for? I think the more power variant would be better for me, my speaker like power, lots of it.

http://www.puresound.info/id12.html

NB.  The factory that makes the A30 also makes a 60 Watt Class B amplifier with different output transformers, a different mains transformer, reduced bias current, a different feedback circuit and several different types of component.  All puresound products are specifically made to suit our particular requirements.

Edited by eddie-baby

16 hours ago, eddie-baby said:

It says on the Puresound website there's a variation model as well. Now I'm confused. Does it mean there's are a more powerful one to look out for? I think the more power variant would be better for me, my speaker like power, lots of it.

http://www.puresound.info/id12.html

NB.  The factory that makes the A30 also makes a 60 Watt Class B amplifier with different output transformers, a different mains transformer, reduced bias current, a different feedback circuit and several different types of component.  All puresound products are specifically made to suit our particular requirements.

The 60 watt version is the Bewitch, it's quite different, more powerful but not as good, what is the sensitivity of your speakers?  If you need a more powerful amp then try the Bewitch or look elsewhere, maybe icon audio? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris@Panteg said:

The 60 watt version is the Bewitch, it's quite different, more powerful but not as good, what is the sensitivity of your speakers?  If you need a more powerful amp then try the Bewitch or look elsewhere, maybe icon audio? 

Oh I see, thats cleared that up, thanks. 

• Upvote 1