Dipstick

Puresound owners unite!

If this wammer continues to peruse threads about valve equipment, the prognosis for his wallet and back is not good. Exit now before its too late.:shock:

:oj:

It'll be 2016 project to find vavle power amp(s) that better my XTZ. I'm not expecting it to be a quick or easy or cheap project! :)

I once heard a very good A30 in Montesquieu's system. Even though the complexion of Tom's system frequently changes I think my judgement was sound as I get to hear it a lot as a near neighbour. For the record it should be noted that Guy had done quite a few upgrades before delivery. I wonder where that particular amp is now? Still on the Wam?

It was actually a 2A3 and it had the signal coupling caps upgraded to Mundorf silver in oil types, some OsCons for cathode by-pass too.

Modified%20with%20Mundorf%20Silver%20and%20OsCon.jpg

I think Mike (DowninDevon) has it now with the Trenner & Friedl speakers.

I'd be interested to hear any views on L10 Pre amp users, I was looking to add one of these on my shortlist for a pre to use with my AN Empress Silver mono blocks

cheers, Lee

Super Wammer

I think these are really good amps. and much underated.

I'd be interested to hear any views on L10 Pre amp users, I was looking to add one of these on my shortlist for a pre to use with my AN Empress Silver mono blocks

cheers, Lee

these were my thoughts

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?80340-puresound-L10&highlight=puresound+l10

I've only got the T10 transformer so far , but am delighted with it , would like to try it with the P10 at some point .

Took my A30 to a bakeoff yesterday and it went down really well, did a great job on some JBL's and Tannoy Cheviots. I still get surprised at how good it is and, with my speakers I find the UL to Triode switch a great thing, triode for blues, vocals and simpler music then switch to UL for rock and bassier stuff

I bought a P10 a few weeks ago so I can continue capyuring my vinyl digitally. I had to buy a phono stage as I replaced my EAR864 with a Bel Canto Pre 3 vb, which works well with my system. The P10 is producing some very nice sounds, certainly no step down from the EAR.

cheers, Lee

I had P10 / L10. Very nice. :^ Had to spend lots (AN M5 Phono) to improve on that combo.

I recently went from A30 to a 2A3 and can honestly say it's a much bigger change than I thought the £800 rrp difference would make.....

Dredging this thread a bit.

Just arrived in the Wigwam after getting a 'Bewitch' 2nd hand as my first valve amp.  Had no idea what I was actually getting but now find it's Pure Sound A30(ish).  Am I allowed to say "Chinese Ripoff" without getting lynched ?

Trying to find a valve set I can afford.  Doesn't seem to be much available in Aussie land .

Running new Gold Lion KT88s as the output.

Always fancied trying an A30 or 2A3, look well screwed together.

As of yesterday, now have a lovely condition 2a3 amplifier and it's wonderful, sounding lovely with my Avatars, back in the wonderful though often expensive world of valves. 

brilliant , wonder if anyone bought that L10 which was on aos recently ?