The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

gingermrkettle

The boring logistical questions thread

Probably needs to be one to keep the tedium in one place. Anyway to start with, if lucky enough to get a room when abouts on the Saturday are we allowed in to set up?

Depends on the room, old chap.

Syndicate rooms are usually available on the Saturday and those exhibitors can get cracking.

The bedroom rooms are another story.

The hotel staff (miraculously) clear them of beds on the Sunday morning between 8 and 9.

That leaves an hour before the punters come in.

Some have assembled their systems in the bedrooms on the Saturday but it's at your own risk, bearing in mind they will be man-handling a rather large bed in a rather small room....

It sounds quite daunting to do it on the Sunday morning but it's usually not a problem, provided everything works. :nerves:

Once room allocations have been finalised there will be an announcement which will include info on access, booking rooms etc, exhibitors in bedrooms normally have the option to book their own room for Saturday night, but broadly wot he said above :)

Remember that your ability to set up your system efficiently on Sunday morning will be directly linked to your alcohol consumption on Saturday night :pint:

Remember that your ability to set up your system efficiently on Sunday morning will be directly linked to your alcohol consumption on Saturday night :pint:

I am hoping to see plenty of hungover wammers arrive for breakfast an hour late as they have forgotten about the clocks going forward, only have time for a coffee and back to their rooms trying to remember what goes where :)

I am hoping to see plenty of hungover wammers arrive for breakfast an hour late as they have forgotten about the clocks going forward, only have time for a coffee and back to their rooms trying to remember what goes where :)

:nerves:beginning to worry about this if I do get allocated a room. Might be a struggle to take it all down at the end of the day......

:nerves:beginning to worry about this if I do get allocated a room. Might be a struggle to take it all down at the end of the day......

People have done it at all the Shows so far. Quite a few just turn up on Sunday morning and set up. And then take down later.

People have done it at all the Shows so far. Quite a few just turn up on Sunday morning and set up. And then take down later.

I can manage that. It is all the beer drinking and pie eating that worries me (:P)......