simp2005

Anyone used red hill audio?

Super Wammer

Used him last year to refurbish my A&R A60. He did a very good job at a reasonable price. Not the quickest in the world at replying to emails though !

k

See here for wam recommended service technicians:

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?36719-Audio-Repairs-amp-Upgrades

Wish I had seen the list before. I don't mind a repair guy taking their time but I can't seem to get in contact with him and when I do I just can't seem to get the Amos back. Said he would bring them to my house first thing this morning and I waited in all day. No reply to texts I've sent. Just a simple "I can't make it today" and I would have been happy and got on with my day.

I had an A&R A60 serviced and upgraded by Henry (toprepairman on this forum). Very pleased with the results, he has re-capped and serviced other items for me in the past and aligned tuners. Nice person to deal with, chat to him about servicing and worthwhile upgrades for an A60 and get some good, no nonsense advice.

Super Wammer

I have used Red Hill Audio several times, generally speaking it has all been good and sometimes excellent service at reasonable costs. Speed is not a forte so worth trying to call them again but since I have some equipment being being serviced I will mention this lack of communication to them without mentioning any names.

Quick update, just established contact so Red Hill Audio have sent text message to you.

Sorry to renew this thread, is anyone here still using Red Hill Audio Services ?

Super Wammer

Sorry didn't work out for you.  I used Redhill Audio a number of years back - replaced all of the phono connectors and fixed a "down" channel in an AudioLab 8000a.  Didn't have any problems at all and I don't remember it taking more than a week or so to sort out. 

Now I put all of this type of work to Juancho, here on the WAM.  I find him very easy to deal with and he is based only a 20 minute drive from where I am.

arb70sok   You aren't related to Rover's finest stylist by any chance?

The biggest nightmare I have ever experienced - Lee Thompson/Redhill Audio. The guy must be experiencing some real problems (I suspect two). He had my amp for a year - during that time he failed to answer my calls, emails, told me lies when he did manage to respond. I was forced toresort to small claims and paypal protection, but to no avail, my equipment still wasn't coming back. I managed to acquire his home number and spoken to his wife Tina, then the whole new chapter started, but at least communication resumed. I've then been held ransom until I put in writing that I have no claims against them (Lee still had my equipment at that point) and after loads more back and forth my amp has arrived. No work done on it, power cable cut off, screws missing from the casing. I'm glad it came back at the end.

19 minutes ago, Mantas Jucius said:

The biggest nightmare I have ever experienced - Lee Thompson/Redhill Audio. The guy must be experiencing some real problems (I suspect two). He had my amp for a year - during that time he failed to answer my calls, emails, told me lies when he did manage to respond. I was forced toresort to small claims and paypal protection, but to no avail, my equipment still wasn't coming back. I managed to acquire his home number and spoken to his wife Tina, then the whole new chapter started, but at least communication resumed. I've then been held ransom until I put in writing that I have no claims against them (Lee still had my equipment at that point) and after loads more back and forth my amp has arrived. No work done on it, power cable cut off, screws missing from the casing. I'm glad it came back at the end.

Oops.... that was a veritable night mare. Don't you English keep guns like the Yanks :D

Sorry if the above turned out to be poor humour. No offense meant :)

I can recommend Fidelity Audio for upgrades and modifications. I bought my pre amp from them, they make them to order, but also do other mods to amps and things.

https://www.fidelityaudio.co.uk/hifi-upgrades--tuning-32-c.asp

I have been dealing with Red Hill Audio for a year. I paid six months ago for the work and for return shipping. Since the I have been given the runaround, with a few email replies, empty promises and even a tracking number which was never collected from his premises. I would strongly suggest finding an alternative supplier to do repairs, I shall be...