kifi

Best 2 channel low-mid powered integrated amp for £300-£400

I reckon your best bet will be with a Yamaha AS-501, great little amp.

Guest Crazytrain
I reckon your best bet will be with a Yamaha AS-501, great little amp.

Only £285 at the mo' aswell.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/cambridge-audio/azur-651w/camb-651w-blk

Not claiming this is the "best" no such thing but looks like a good spec for the money.

thats a great buy!

thats a great buy!

unless I'm mistaken it looks like a power amp to me and the OP wants an integrated amp...

Guest Crazytrain

Tons of Fun linked to this Rega amp on another thread. Be a good choice and under budget.

http://2ndhandhifi.co.uk/amplification/roskan-kandy-ka-1-mkiii-integrated-amplifier/

Roksan Kandy Ka1 mkiii with change

Or something like the A85 in the classifieds.

At that price there are some lovely amps a few years old. Even things like a Audiolab 8000a will wipe the floor with a lot of current more expensive kit. They are still fully serviceable and majority for sale nowadays have had a recent service

Also worth looking at the Arcam FMJ A18 if you like classy build quality and a sound that errs on the edge of warm, Some say they are pipe and slippers sounding, some - myself included find them engaging with a wide range of music. Definitely worth a listen - I demoed mine against a Marantz PM6003 when buying and the Arcam won hands down. I've had mine over 4 years now and have absolutely no regrets!

unless I'm mistaken it looks like a power amp to me and the OP wants an integrated amp...

It is and it's a stormer. Picked one up a few weeks back with a Dacmagic plus as a pre amp for £550. Totally amazed.

If the 651a is anything like the 651w you can't go wrong.

Oh and a free BT100 Bluetooth dongle.