orangeart

What equipment are you showing?

I know the kit ranks well below the pies, the bar and the raffle but what kit are you intending showing?

My amps are the same Hypex UCD amps as last year, I've added another pair though.

My Buffalo DAC and minisharc has gone and been replaced with a behringer FireWire studio interface.

My speakers are in bits and the build of my new pair is going painfully slowly! They will hopefully be active, 3 way, sealed, wide baffles jobbies that radiate into 2 pi space down to the lower crossover point.

I actually intend on them looking finished this year, not mdf :)

Stefan

Stefan

Super Wammer

Is that not what the exhibitor spreadsheet is for? :cafe:

Excellent post that. So logical.

Obviously not to some. It would be far more interesting for exhibitors to tell us what cakes and light refreshments will be available in thier room :)

:)

Just a place for a bit more detail.

Super Wammer
Obviously not to some. It would be far more interesting for exhibitors to tell us what cakes and light refreshments will be available in thier room :)

Maybe this needs to be added to the spreadsheet as an additional column - could be an important factor in deciding who gets a room if there's a decision to be made !!

k

Indeed, I will be monitoring the situation closely. Anyone with Toblerone on offer will be top of my 'to visit' list:^

I was thinking green and blacks :)

'What equipment are you showing?'

Well, I've just got out of the shower, so I'm showing all my equipment.

quite glad you didn't reply with a photo!!

I think it might be nice to see it in more detail also tbc and his friend tba make a lot of appearances on the spreadsheet

what would also be good is some advice from the expert exhibitors about how to set up systems , how much equipment

you can demo? , whats the best way to demo different gear? how much music to take? what goes down well at scalford

(except the beer and pies)?. ect ect

I think it might be nice to see it in more detail also tbc and his friend tba make a lot of appearances on the spreadsheet

what would also be good is some advice from the expert exhibitors about how to set up systems , how much equipment

you can demo? , whats the best way to demo different gear? how much music to take? what goes down well at scalford

:rofl:

Just take a system that easy to transport and will work in a bedroom sized room, remember the kit and you and the punters all have to fit in. You will be lucky to have seats for more than 4, pull those seats forward a bit so others can stand behind.

Most people will spend a max of five minutes in your room and you won't see them again, changing equipment around might be fun for you but you will not be demonstrating differences as people generally only come into the room once.

As to music it depends what you are doing, one box of records will probably last all day especially if you are playing CDs as well. Play music you enjoy listening to, avoid audiophile tracks as people will hear them in lots of rooms, don't play anything too 'out there' as people will stick their head round the door and walk out (and you won't see them again). Offer to play any music people have bought with them but that won't be very many, don't bother asking if there is anything people want to hear as you will just get strange looks.

Arrange a buddy who can look after your room for a while, you will need to escape for a pee even if you don't manage to get round the show.

Exhibitors showing in bedrooms normally have the opportunity to book the room on the Saturday night and set up on Saturday if they wish, (the hotel move the bed into the en-suite for storage in the morning) this is really a good thing to do as it gives you a chance to wander round and have a listen to a few systems, share a beer with a few wammers, food and some sort of distraction is often arranged for Saturday night. I am sure there will be more about this later.

There are always people around to help hump stuff into rooms and it is nice if you reciprocate and help others.

More stuff when I think of it!