Eric van Spelde

Horny Avantgarde Acoustic Owners Club

With the Verdier and Avantgardes your living room might have featured in the 2-channel forum a while back!

Sadly it looks like the estate agent has recycled the picture - is that Leigh Sinton now? It previously pointed to a picture of a large living room with some walloping great AGs in it.

I missed that thread the first time around. Although the details are no longer available from the link, that chap is almost certainly the guy that sold me the Uno Nanos. He was in the process of moving in 2010 around the Malvern area and had some green Trios and a full TW/Tron setup as well. I mean, how many can there be? :)

Hanley Swan is just awash with Avantgarde owners ...

The Swan pub (catchy name, eh?) on the green there has recently been done up. Very nice.

Guest BD Audio
I missed that thread the first time around. Although the details are no longer available from the link, that chap is almost certainly the guy that sold me the Uno Nanos. He was in the process of moving in 2010 around the Malvern area and had some green Trios and a full TW/Tron setup as well. I mean, how many can there be? :)

Trippy...

No, I've never had Uno's. You're thinking of a buddy of mine. For a while there were two Trio set ups with Tron amps within 3 miles of each other! Now its just me...

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I think that was me...I was going to move then decided not to. Having to redo The Room was a factor in staying...

It certainly looked / looks like a lovely room, and in a nice setting - I'm not surprised you had a re-think about moving. My aunt and uncle lived in Hanley Swan when I was a kid - I learned to ride my bike there!

Trippy...

I have just realised, the guy you are talking about with the green Trios is my buddy Tony! I'm to blame for getting him into horns and valves from Naim gear and CD'S...

been a couple of years since any posts but any more folks tried the 

AvantGarde Zero 1 xD review

^Not heard them but they look a bit disappointingly bland for Avantgarde. I remember hearing some of their Solo speakers at a Heathrow show many years ago though and really enjoyed the sound they made (in a very small room) :).

... Phil . ...listened to them in munich ,.. for all their design , technology built in this and that, I was disappointed in how they sounded,

dry clinical cold, no emotion imho..... not for me , nothing like your future speeks.

• Like 1

I have a pair of Duo's with 225 subs - upgraded to Omega (18 ohm drivers) about 10 years ago.

Also have a pair of Sub-231s - which are setup as the upper-bass for the Duo's - the 225s are for lower bass.

Finally, a pair of Solo's for surround sound duty.

--Jatinder

Has anyone experimented much with powercables and their relative effect, when used on the powered subs? I have a pair of omega upgraded duos and keen to get the best out of them. 

Hi Andy, I experimented with them a long time ago.

I tried a number of no-brand and branded power cables - and settled with the Siltech SPO-18MF - which was relatively cheap (£150 for 2m) and which seemed to tighten up the bass and improve it's texture. A side effect was that the bass seemed quieter so I had to turn the volume up!

The more expensive Siltech cables had zero improvement over the SPO-18MF and none of the unbranded "normal-style" power cables seemed to have any affect at all.

--Jatinder