i_should_coco

Living Voice Vox Olympian review by Roy Gregory

Super Wammer

If you have to ask the price................... Not for us mere mortals. The test is what gets closest at what price? Suggestions please whilst I go and buy a Lottery ticket.

That's some review!

As good as it gets, it would seem. I certainly can't disagree with his findings on the sq, a truly remarkable product. Congratulations Kevin :^

That last comment that "life's not fair" made me smile, in the full knowledge that I'll never be able to afford them.

Coco San, How close do you think your "landfill Olympians" get to these in SQ? you've heard them the LVs right?

I've heard the LVs, yeah, they give me something to aim for. The 'Landfill Olympians' name is just a joke, more to do with size and looks than any intent as a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by i_should_coco View Post

I've heard the LVs, yeah, they give me something to aim for. The 'Landfill Olympians' name is just a joke, more to do with size and looks than any intent as a comparison.

Yeah i realise its a bit tongue in cheek ;), but it's interesting the reviewer opens with the blindingly obvious remark that he and most people, will never be able to afford such speakers, which in someways makes the price irrelevant!

Anyway, that the reviewer (and everyone else that's listened to them in his room to it would seem) has had some kind of epiphany, this is something to strive for with regard SQ, but my point is... if you know what your doing with regards to design, is it possible to get close to the sound qualities (not the finish) of the LVO for a price most could afford?

Ah, yes, absolutely it is. There's no magic there, just lots of hard work. The price is in many ways a reflection of the target market and the requisite levels of finish. And what price many year of R&D, of course? If you're prepared to put the work in yourself, I think it's perfectly possible to equal or surpass them in terms of SQ.

A few hundred wouldn't even buy one of the cheapest drivers in the Living Voice's (or Coco's) speaker system.

Don't be fooled by the looks of Pete's landfill Olympians there are some very expensive drivers in there, and having heard many of Pete's sytems over the years the work that goes into the cross overs is not to be underestimated. Gregory clearly understands that. I saw the LV Olympians in prototype form years ago and Kevin Scott talked about his experiments with crossovers, they had been worked on for years.