Sign in to follow this  
Leonard Smalls

Christmas Dinner

What's for Chrimble Dinner?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's been many years since I've had the traditional turkey dinner; this year it's going to be a fry-up using Italian sausages, bacon, black pudding and sourdough bread from Ludlow Food Centre, with chilli-roasted tomatoes and garlic-sautéed mushrooms.

Last year was a 1lb beefburger, year before that chilli-chocolate duck and in 2011 we climbed Pencoed Pillar on Cadair Idris in the morning, just got a quick pint at the White Horse in Clun then it was fancy baby cheeses and sausage and rollmops what I'd made...

What's everyone else going for?

Don't care. :D I will be going to the pub :pint: with my brother while our mum and Mrs Brother cook something. We will roll back and eat whatever it is, accompanied by generous amounts of red wine. Then fall asleep. :zzzz:

Turkey for me. I keep saying we should get a goose, but that idea is poo-pood each year. I shall make the stuffing and the gravy and then get out of the way as it all gets a bit stressy and shouty in the kitchen.

I do need to decide on my Christmas tipple.

Whatever Waitrose are knocking out for 25-50% off at 4:30 on Wednesday. In the last year that was a Goose and also a nice rack of beef. Year before nice free range organic turkey. If Waitrose don't have anything and thats never happened the same in Marks but a bit later.

Turkey and goose for us, sadly not within each other as seems to be popular with that Peter Andrea fella but then he is a superstar

Roast Pheasant from Borough Farmer's Market with a full bodied red wine. I haven't had any turkey this year and that is already too much of the dry old cardboard.

Super Wammer

Christmas Day - capon and all the usual accompaniments cooked by my son and daughter-in-law.

Boxing Day - cold game pie (just cooked by me !) and mash, and one of Mrs k's excellent puddings.

Looking forward to it !

k

Turkey crown with stuffing for me from ALDI , nice and moist very tasty and good value , NO wast either :^

A little sad to be honest. Stepchildren are at their dad's this Christmas and at 93, my mum is at the age where she wants to always stay at her home, so we're going to hers and have booked Christmas dinner at a local hotel.

Not that sad, of course, because it's Michelin starred and the food is absolutely stunning.

It's just that I am freakish enough to genuinely enjoy cooking Christmas dinner. Of course it has to be traditional. Proper turkey, slow cooked overnight preferably. Roasties, parsnips in honey, sprouts (say what you like, I love 'em), chiplolatas wrapped in local bacon, peas, carrots.

I think I need to go and lie down for a bit....

This year turkey, haven't had one for a few years, last year was goose......