onlyconnect

Room ideas

Ah yes, just like Matrix Hifi did! ;-)

http://matrixhifi.com/ENG_contenedor_ppec.htm

S

No. That was a comparison of two 'adequate' systems. One of which happened to have more expensive electronics.

Tim, Im with Colin/DudyW on this.

Most folks are really just interested in hearing/seeing the Hi Fi on offer. Music is secondary.

Some guests will stick there heads around the door and decide in 3 seconds that they either dont like the look of the Hi Fi , or dont like the music on offer. They dont even come into the room.

A comparison of different kit would be of interest to some, but not many. Getting round as many rooms as possible and ticking boxes is the main deal.

I'm sure some of the more experienced visitors start with a clearly defined' must hear list'

I know from demos that sitters stayed to hear just what a few thousand quid could do with different music genres before moving on to more aspirational lineups.

op idea would pull the punters no less than other rooms - interests are so diverse.

if it moves you then do it!

Yep, Dad and I liked to have a theme or clear idea (to us at at least anyway!), it made it interesting for us and was usually a mix of equipment from our two systems at the cheaper end of the market.

They have normally proved pretty popular.

Some people will stay 5 minutes, others will come back later, some won't, some will stick their head in the door and sod off, you can't please everyone so don't take it personally, some will talk, others won't talk, some will make requests(!), most WON'T even if asked repeatedly.

Make it interesting for yourself & have fun!

It's a great experience having a room, the day will fly by and you'll forget to eat and drink....

Basically, I'm going to be in a room playing my sort of music on my kit. Given the range of kit and music that is probably the best thing to do.

Super Wammer

You beat me to it! I was about to say that hi-end is perfectly adequate for me :-)

are you trying to suggest high-end is inadequate? :geek: