Sign in to follow this  
Craig84

Best "budget" piece of hifi you have owned

AT95e

NAD3020a

Seconded on the NAD. Seeing yours at Scalford reminded me that I used the preamp section of a 7130 (receiver version of same) driving valve amps for many years. Bought it 2nd hand for £100 in the early 90's and it still does sterling service providing tunes at a second home to this day.

Pi2 with HiFiBerry DAC+ and 7" touchscreen.............. AKA SBT emulator

Audiolab Q-DAC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Naim Fraim glass balls and cups.

Original Epos ES14's, purchased at the same time as an IncaTech Claymore. Upgraded the Naim route and eventually 135's and each time the differences were easy to hear on these £299 bargains. Only sold when I purchased Obelisks. I really do wish I had kept them.

The Connoisseur BD1 stands out for me. So simple and effective, and available as a kit for £11 in 1969. I still have two of them, one with the SAU2 arm, the other with a Jelco arm.

Biggest disappointment when I 'upgraded' to a Linn LP12. Rather better made, but sonically no better.

S

For me the Logic Tempo, excellent turntable then when I upgraded to an LP12 struggled to hear any improvement.

Super Wammer
Heybrook HB2, original version, amazingly good on most music with a half decent amp. Much better than so many stand mounted speakers that people rave about and you can get a nice pair for £100.

Myst TMA3 amp, not a powerhouse, but everything is there. The inputs are DIN (boo) and the control switches are mad, but it sounds

bloody good for under £200, but it is blue / silver.

Mine is the more refined black version with matching tuner. Sounds better too :whistle:

For me the Logic Tempo, excellent turntable then when I upgraded to an LP12 struggled to hear any improvement.

I agree with the Tempo. A great little turntable. Still using mine with period Creek 4040 amp and Heybrook HB1.

I hate myself for saying it, but the google chromecast is very very good, it drops its connection far less than my iPhone, and outputs toslink. For £15 its a great bargain paricularly if you stream from your lappy using spotify.

I hate myself for saying it, but the google chromecast is very very good, it drops its connection far less than my iPhone, and outputs toslink. For £15 its a great bargain paricularly if you stream from your lappy using spotify.

Dibs on the chromecast! Have both audio and media versions, brilliant prices of kit, run tidal from my phone to c/c audio, to dac, saved myself a fortune on cd/streamer etc .... BARGAIN!!

Correct on the chromecast. I use sbt for my lossless music collection. Is there yet a way to choose the chromecast for this option?

I am completely happy with the sbt but it would be an Interesting alternative.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk