Sign in to follow this  
i_should_coco

Should we have an adequate-fi section?

You should try aspiring to working your other sack off to buy a proper computer and get rid of that most stupid Tapatalk signature bollox.:^

Wow!! And you were hinting that I should temper my wam forum aggression Rick.

Perhaps look inwards and calm down.

It's only a sig for gawds sake. You need to calm down have you tried speaking to professionals who can help you?

Super Wammer
adequate_jess.jpg

I didn't know Serge used to be a DJ :shock:

I expect that's a Behringer mixer right there.

What is perceived as adequate to us is madness normal folk or civilians as they have been termed.

Adequate being a relative term.

What is perceived as adequate to us is madness normal folk or civilians as they have been termed.

Adequate being a relative term.

Indeed. It's what I've been saying ever since this ''adequate" business first started. I think the difference between my way and others' way is that when I achieve my target of adequate performance I stop looking for improvements as I don't see them as necessarily improvements. Those for whom 'adequate' means there always something better are doomed to keep looking.

As was said earlier, to some the journey is more important than the destination.

S

You should try aspiring to working your other sack off to buy a proper computer and get rid of that most stupid Tapatalk signature bollox.:^

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bandit pilot again.

Indeed. It's what I've been saying ever since this ''adequate" business first started. I think the difference between my way and others' way is that when I achieve my target of adequate performance I stop looking for improvements as I don't see them as necessarily improvements. Those for whom 'adequate' means there always something better are doomed to keep looking.

As was said earlier, to some the journey is more important than the destination.

S

It can also mean satisfied as you say above or you've downscaled and had to or don't mind lowering the bar. A Kondo integrated maybe downscaling to some but a Supernait maybe all someone else aspires to. Perhaps Bose should be left out of this discussion.

noo noo noo noo

It's NOTHING to do with musical enjoyment. You don't need HiFi at all for that. Whistling does fine. Try it.

It's all to do with KIT.

and age.

Age and kit. The Young think what they have is fine, and, being astute, can construct an argument to suit the theory.

The old know time's soon up, are fucking NOT leaving one penny to the inlaws and so spend lavish amounts on kit they don't like or need.

The old know time's soon up, are fucking NOT leaving one penny to the inlaws and so spend lavish amounts on kit they don't like or need.

A better version of leaving your ill gotten gains to the dogs home.

It can also mean satisfied as you say above or you've downscaled and had to or don't mind lowering the bar. A Kondo integrated maybe downscaling to some but a Supernait maybe all someone else aspires to. Perhaps Bose should be left out of this discussion.

Fortunately, I've had what I consider 'adequate' for getting on for 20 years, so have not felt any need to upgrade for about that long. I passed on my Meridians and went to the B&W 801s as I fancied a change, not because of any desire for improvement. I wouldn't say what I have now is any better than the Meridians, it is different, but equally 'adequate' such that if the 801s disappeared and the Meridians returned, I wouldn't be upset.As to sources, I've added stuff, an SBT and three turntables, but as to changing stuff as an upgrade, nothing since about 1996 when I upgraded my Meridian M2s to DSP5000s

S

Adequate HiFi is for your Mum, buy and sell your way to unobtainable perfection and be prepared to burn your credit card and lose your house in the process.

After a while it's just a measure of the sound engineers mastering ability and the condition of the vinyl.

• Upvote 1

Technophobic ? I like my signature, I'm sorry it offends you , i do have a decent computer , but it's not portable, my phone is . So hush your moaning ass.I can do as I please online and in my own house ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst smoking, drinking vodka, tuning my radio and reverse parking my car into a police station

That's much better. Your reply was actually longer than your shit signature.:^

Haha what is your problem with my signature "bandit"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst smoking, drinking vodka, tuning my radio and reverse parking my car into a police station

He doesn't understand it:zip:

He doesn't understand it:zip:

And if I did, I wouldn't want to read it on every post. It's like repeats on telly ffs.

Don't read it then ;-)