ModWright Owners Club

Oh I should really get a listen to one of these pre amps? I did mention I have a thing for valve pre's didn't I?

I think that you did Ron, mind you it's not long ago that you were singing the praises of Donald's home made pre. :roll:

It's my first experience with valves (usual WAM itch to scratch sort of thing) and I can see that I am going to have an interesting few weeks as I potter with it.

I don't think that we have had a picture of a black one on here so here is a one that I have just googled. Mine looks quite similar, I wasn't sure about the black originally which is one of the reasons that it took so long to pull the trigger, and it's a big bugger on the rack, but I must say that it's alright. :P

CT6A0843a.jpg

Oh I should really get a listen to one of these pre amps? I did mention I have a thing for valve pre's didn't I?

I think you will be very very impressed indeed when you do .

And I bought off Nick, sorry Jack. But Jack is a great bloke. So I'm in ;-)

I think that you did Ron, mind you it's not long ago that you were singing the praises of Donald's home made pre. :roll:

It's my first experience with valves (usual WAM itch to scratch sort of thing) and I can see that I am going to have an interesting few weeks as I potter with it.

I don't think that we have had a picture of a black one on here so here is a one that I have just googled. Mine looks quite similar, I wasn't sure about the black originally which is one of the reasons that it took so long to pull the trigger, and it's a big bugger on the rack, but I must say that it's alright. :P

CT6A0843a.jpg

I was indeed, and finally bought one not long ago, I have had and heard loads of valve pre amps and only a few have made me either buy or want, best still the Hovland. I've had some seriously hi end pres here but think 3 have hit the spot, Hovland, the SJS Arcadia and the wee mojo I have now have all been better than all the others only slightly and maybe amp dependant, but that's my findings so far. The mojo is doing Stirling service here and it's not fully run in yet so more to come and tube tolling to do, it's a great wee pre amp. Only thing I would sell it for would be a Hovland, or the Arcadia, but I've never heard the LS100 but it looks stunning in black I must say, problem with buying bespoke stuff is you don't get good price when selling again, Donakd sells the mojo pre around £1900 so it's not cheap but it's good. Would love to hear the modright though. Wish I lived near jacks shop.

I have spent the last 2 weeks with a 36.5 .using it into the amazing msb class A power amp which is very special it sounds very full bloodied. Must be my 25th pre amp in recent years as had to sell much kit to fund projects .

I do love my MFA pre amps and also the tom Evans vibes but the 36.5 is quite different in presentation it is an amaziing midrange and a wonderful mature sound.

Very realistic and makes every recording sound good even if other don,t.

The build quality is very good and they are excellent vfm

Its so good to know there is a dealer nearby if needed.

It is very addictive indeed

Yes nick I managed to buy one in silver at a very reasonable price and its rather nice . UK supplied originally from angelsounds .

I really like the look of Modwright equipment kind of reminds me of Sonic Frontiers. I wonder if there is a pre amp with a built in phono stage that would be quite interesting for me.

There is.......

How would you compare it with the Baby Ref Phil?

Gosh that's a long time ago and I have changed my power amp and speakers since then so hard to say

Suffice to say the baby gave my ref 5 se a real run for its money. !!! Incredible dynamics and resolution.

The 36.5 cost a great deal less than the arc but its built just as well. It is an amazing amp and very enjoyable. It would be good to compare the baby and the arc ref 5 with this astonishly good power amp