Sign in to follow this  
Non-Smoking Man

Your Christmas drink..?

We all know that Christmas means different things to different people - for some its a celebration of Christianity, for others its a family nightmare - but one thing Christmas does is change our drinking habits. What do you drink at Christmas that you dont touch all year long (but maybe should)?

For my part it has to be Port. Its cheap, tasty, and potent. I think I'll pour another..

Mulled wine. And none of this bogus diluting it with water that seems to appear in some of the recipes I have seen.

Anything and everything (apart from Baileys:sick:) that everyone else has!

It used to be Glögg - which a Swedish, stronger and more pleasant, flavoursome version of mulled wine.

But for 2 months now, I have been teetotal and fully intend to keep it going over Christmas and beyond.

Marston's IPA or Double Drop, as usual.

Water. If I'm feeling crazy, I might heat it up.

Alcohol is a natural depressant, so why anyone would choose to drink the stuff at Christmas is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

Alcohol is a natural depressant, so why anyone would choose to drink the stuff at Christmas is beyond me.

But we're all sensible on here & take it in moderation Craig..

Unlike the tedious dicks & dickesses who imbibe to excess & make the local Wetherspoons crap on weekend nights.

I used to get myself something "good" for Christmas - a supposedly decent claret or the like. Invariably I was disappointed so now I drink "good" stuff that I know will be reliable. The days of experimentation are over for special occasions for me. So, there will be a decent South African pinot noir, something fizzy for the memsahb and port or madeira for the evening for a bit of cheese.

I see it more as relaxant . Few cheeky beers and then a nice bottle of red at xmas and i'm so chilled it great . So great i do it all year round as i said . My chosen tipple after any meal is Port just love it . What i sometimes do though at xmas is go to the local tobacconist and buy a cigar to smoke in the garden afterwards . No not Hamlet or Henri Wintermans :roll: