Sign in to follow this  
cobbler

Yorkshire Pudding

In metric terms, 2 2 4.

200 gm plain flour, 200ml milk, 4 eggs.

Mix and leave to stand in the fridge.

Hot pan, clean oil, preferably dripping.

mash up the mix thoroughly, because (IME) it's the bubbles that make it special. Pour in.

About 180 fan oven, 190-200 normal. NEVER open the door until it's gone batshit.

Works.

:goodone: Letting the batter stand in the fridge is key. I like to make one large pudding in a cast iron skillet.

- - - Updated - - -

Emmerdale-actress-Catherine-Tyldesley-demonstrates-that-the-end-product-should-be-great-531959.jpg

Not traditional at all and verging on a red flag offence but :-

We have yorkshire puddings with all roasts, they are as important as the meat and pots. With lamb I make them with the fat off the leg of lamb and throw in some fresh chopped rosemary to the batter mix, dribbling just thinking about it. Works well adding rosemary to a toad as well.

We have yorkshire puddings with all roasts, they are as important as the meat and pots. With lamb I make them with the fat off the leg of lamb and throw in some fresh chopped rosemary to the batter mix, dribbling just thinking about it. Works well adding rosemary to a toad as well.

People from Yorkshire have them with every roast too, sometimes even as a starter. :P

Super Wammer
People from Yorkshire have them with every roast too, sometimes even as a starter. :P
traditionally as a starter

Nothing wrong with that. Any meat fat is fantastic for cooking with.

Super Wammer

have we scared off the veggie lot yet? :dunno:

How do you know if someone's from Yorkshire..? they've already told you.

Fixed. :D

Super Wammer
Fixed. :D

it's only to avoid the risk (God forbid) that some soft southerner thinks you might be a sheep sh*gger from t'other side of the Pennines