Albarry Music

Had various bits and pieces of Albarry over the years the ap4 and s508 power amp where long time faves, currently running some m1008

At the moment

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?112841-Albarry-S508

I'll see if I can track down the notes that I made at the time and get back to you. It may take a while. :roll:

Thanks, but please don't worry if it's a hassle!

You know how I don't like to over do it etc, but my last Albarry setup consisted of 6 m1008's feeding Epos 22's. Partnered by their 2 box pre, the model number of which escapes me. Lovely kit that I'd happily have again (and probably will);-)

You know how I don't like to over do it etc, but my last Albarry setup consisted of 6 m1008's feeding Epos 22's. Partnered by their 2 box pre, the model number of which escapes me. Lovely kit that I'd happily have again (and probably will);-)

I bet that sounded jolly nice! :)

It did, but only with certain music. I never could get control over the bass on those Epos in my room. I later had them running with Royd Abbots and that is one of the most dynamic systems I've had.:^

yes the ap11 on here at a a good price

https://www.theaudioworks.co.uk/sale-list/

I now have an MCA11 SUT to go with my other Albarry kit. :)

It's all VERY pretty:love:

Does anyone know what changes were made in the M1008 series 1 when it became the series 2?

Cannot find anything on th'internet.

Does anyone know what changes were made in the M1008 series 1 when it became the series 2?

Cannot find anything on th'internet.

Contact Neil at Albarrymusic.com he is good with email enquires

OK thanks

..and ideally post the answer on here ;-) , I wouldn't mind knowing either. I "think" mine are Mk 1s.

Ok squire...

"Hi, the difference between series 1 and 2 M1008 is mainly the extra speaker terminals (bi-wiring) fitted to the series 2".

Furthermore...

"We don't offer any service schedules for the old M1008, they are over 30 years old and so parts are mainly obsolete.

Basically, if they work, they will be fine as we only used long life high quality components in all our products, so I don't expect any degradation in your M1008's.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Neil

NeilBurnett - Owner/Designer - Albarry Music"

Ta, so mine are Mk1s, as suspected. Bi-wiring, how trends come & go..

I love my M1008s. I many periods of my life amps have come and gone but my M1008s have never gone anywhere and some way or another they always find their way back into the system. I guess it has something to do with the music they deliver - Albarry Music :):whistle:

My favourite pre at the moment is the AP2 (quite rare I think) which pairs really nice with the M1008s. And the AP2 has an outstanding riaa inside too :)

Though I love the older Albarry amps I hope to hear the newer models one day. But without intention I think I hesitate because I am worried that they have a more "modern" sound which is to say more focus on details, transparency, perspective, speed, accuracy etc. and less on music. I hope I am wrong. I have to be because the designer seems to be close to the mid 60's and quite experienced so I can not think he is tempted to manufacture products with all the "bling bling" sound and not as musically involving and lifelike as the old models.