Nagraboy

From Harbeth to Tannoy in a 15' x 9' room?

We were listening in my room, which is a little bigger but by no means large.

The Leben worked surprisingly well, and the matching phono stage is excellent. We played classical, jazz, blues, folk, rock and electronica - the combination dealt with them all, and quite a lot louder than Greg was looking for!

Tannoy recommend a minimum of 50 watts for Kensingtons - they must mean puny solid state watts! :D

Can't understand them suggesting 50Wpc minimum - your 35W Air Tight and my 15W Leben were more than ample for the Elgar Cello concerto etc :^

Thought I'd post this picture I found of a Leben CS300xs amp and Tannoy Kensington SE speakers. Tomorrow I shall be collecting my new Tannoys and connecting up my own Leben amplifier!

:oj:

27e163d5b09979a8a7b7f9aaa4005ce8_zps8ba23ca3.jpg

Nice one Greg. They look like a fantastic aesthetic match, and I'm sure the sound will be :stereo: too.
Oh, lovely:^.

Thanks guys, after hearing Mibbie's Kensingtons last week I decided to take the plunge with a pair of my own. The little Leben drives them really well too.

The system's starting to look very retro, although oddly I'm beginning to listen to more current music lately which is a change from my staple of 50s/60s Jazz and Classical. There's a lot to investigate and with the help of Spotify I've found Boards of Canada and Ulrich Schnauss so far, which I really like - so different from my usual stuff. I'll have to start a thread for advice soon!

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I have the Leben RS30eq CR-type phono stage too, so a foray into vinyl is an exciting prospect with these new speakers incoming :^

Blooming hell you couldn't get more different looking speakers if you tried, those Tannoys look amazing but they must be about twenty times bigger than the P3s:shock:

Would love to hear them though...

What did I miss? From the chic little P3 to the wardrobes?!!

Most of us saw that coming.:P

So...:dunno:

how does Elgar's Cello Concerto sound through them?

Do tell me, after six month's ownership, if the Tannoys seemingly appear as small and as handsome as the P3ESR to your besotted eyes.

I might be tempted to have a listen too then...:nerves:

SS

What did I miss? From the chic little P3 to the wardrobes?!!

Most of us saw that coming.:P

So...:dunno:

how does Elgar's Cello Concerto sound through them?

Do tell me, after six month's ownership, if the Tannoys seemingly appear as small and as handsome as the P3ESR to your besotted eyes.

I might be tempted to have a listen too then...:nerves:

SS

I'll have them back to my place and set up on Wednesday morning. Will let you know how Jacqueline sounds chez Nagra :^

I'll have them back to my place and set up on Wednesday morning. Will let you know how Jacqueline sounds chez Nagra :^

Cool!:pop:

Enjoy your honeymoon with the lovely incoming wardrobes. (a.k.a. total sitting ducks in the event of a fire:peace:)

SS

Cool!:pop:

Enjoy your honeymoon with the lovely incoming wardrobes. (a.k.a. total sitting ducks in the event of a fire:peace:)

SS

I could wedge them against the door whilst the Leben and I make a dash for it! :dunno:

• Upvote 1

Enjoy the Tannoys Greg- Royal Tiger? ( Tiger 11, King Tiger, etc) on top of the new speakers?

Or perhaps Jagdtiger?:geek:

Super Wammer

Beautiful Greg! Aesthetic shouldn't matter but it really adds to this hobby for me. Now where's that turntable......

Enjoy the Tannoys Greg- Royal Tiger? ( Tiger 11, King Tiger, etc) on top of the new speakers?

Or perhaps Jagdtiger?:geek:

There are some superb pro-built 1:35 Tiger I models on eBay I've seen. Expensive but amazing detail :?

Beautiful Greg! Aesthetic shouldn't matter but it really adds to this hobby for me. Now where's that turntable......

Of course aesthetics matter - signals from the eyes are connected to the ears too you know! :D

You're a quick mover Greg, congratulations on the Kensingtons ........... will follow your vinyl adventure with interest :)

Yes. The vinyl adventure beckons once again. Every day I'm changing my mind whether to do it again, or changing how far I want to take it. Essentially, my system now has the amp and speakers done but the source/s still need a lot of thought. I nabbed the Leben phono stage a couple of weeks ago and I think it's the obvious match with the Leben CS300xs integrated amp, but I could use a far more modest turntable with it just as a bit of fun...

My list of possibles includes the Clearaudio Concept (but MM or MC + SUT?) and something from Acoustic Solid, or even my former incumbent - the SME 10. TBH I don't feel like spending huge amounts on analogue really.

I'd still like to get a good digital source again too. I've had my eye on some valve DACs like the Yamamoto YDA-01B, Modwright Elyse and the Allnic D5000. Any of them would be a good partner for a cheaper compact transport like an Apollo R, for example. Decisions, decisons...

Greg do not go down the vinyl route as it is seriously addictive.;-)