JVS

Pie Poll

Nelsons or not?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the saturday evening regional tasting is a good idea tho. 'Whatever goes with beer' should be a wide enough remit. Let's not get fussy

Jellied eels? A plate of black pudding and pork sausages? Crisp salty chips? Scots (sic) eggs? Whiskey.

Bring it on and later

bring it up.

:)

The Nelsons pies are alright. The service is quite good, except for the scouse bloke handing them out. He's a bit rude.

And the way I see it whichever pie I eat will look and smell the same as any other the next day.

The Nelsons pies are alright. The service is quite good, except for the scouse bloke handing them out. He's a bit rude.

And the way I see it whichever pie I eat will look and smell the same as any other the next day.

You said they were "catfoody" in the other thread !

I bow to your superior knowledge of that particular flavour :sick:

Not even a scouser by all accounts, that's a fake accent. :P

Why would anybody put that accent on?

:shock: I'll have to kill you now.

:nerves:

The lack of shell suit and perm is the giveaway, no one was ever gonna believe you. Well all know what a real scouser should look like. :doh:

29062p.jpg

You cannot expect to question the scouseness of a Liverpudlian without receiving threats of physical violence :fight:

:D

Super Wammer
Mmmm, would it be possible for me to put up a pie stand? As some of you know I've been a chef for 27 years now and a pie stand complete with condiments and a great range of pies plus standards like chips,mushy peas, and pickles

If James agrees of course.

how about Weegmanns from Otley? worked in the area early 1980 and the lady who the bank run used to bring them back still warm, they were glorious :notworthy:[h=1][/h]

Could murder a nice pie right now......there would be no evidence left for the CSI team, not a molecule....

the saturday evening regional tasting is a good idea tho. 'Whatever goes with beer' should be a wide enough remit. Let's not get fussy

Jellied eels? A plate of black pudding and pork sausages? Crisp salty chips? Scots (sic) eggs? Whiskey.

Bring it on and later

bring it up.

:)

This seems like a decent idea, if only because there will be less of an attack on the Sunday morning fry up.

Jellied eels? Oh yes please. Spent my early working life in Londinium in the days when we'd all piss off down the East for a few pigs and some jellies afterwards. Happy days.

As for the 'whatever goes with beer', I believe the answer is 'anything'.

As for the 'whatever goes with beer', I believe the answer is 'more beer'.

Fxt