JVS

Pie Poll

Nelsons or not?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

John's suggestion is great, but it is, after all, a hi-fi show. The pies are a small, and very pleasant, diversion.

I would humbly suggest that it works great as it is and we should leave it as it is. Jim does a magnificent job and if a bit of cash goes back to a worthy cause, than that's a perfect add-on to the show.

It's just an amateur event displaying audio stuff and an opportunity for a good listen and piss up, with a pie. Lets, please, not complicate things overly...

Edited for accuracy.

Edited for accuracy.

I want to have your babies.

I want to have your babies.

Let's stick to standard pie fillings, shall we? :?

How are you doing Richard? I hope life is treating you well.

You scare me when you're friendly.

Life is not totally fuckwittery at present and is actually not that bad. Me and Penance will pop round later to explain just how good it is.

You scare me when you're friendly.

Life is not totally fuckwittery at present and is actually not that bad. Me and Penance will pop round later to explain just how good it is.

Did I forget to mention I edited the Scalford spreadsheet to include your 300B amp as well? I knew that post was too nice.

I'm happy with Nelsons, and also hugely grateful to Jim for organising the "pie buy". Feeding oneself often gets overlooked when humping equipment around and trying to visit all the other rooms too.

So, it's down to Jim, I would say. If it's easier to just go for Nelsons again, that would be fine by me. If you feel you've got the time to do something different, I'd be happy with that too.:^

Could we have some tofu pies?

:run:

Can we still negative rep people? :x:clout:

Perhaps we need a Cornish show. The HiFi Pastie.

PERHAPS! We need people from around ther country to bring a selection of their local delicacies for the Saturday evening! Pasties from Cornwall, Cream Teas from Devon, Ploughman's lunches from Kent and Sussex, Curries from Bradford, Cheeses from around the UK, Haggis from the Scott's , Hot Pot from Lancashire, Scouse from Liverpool, Balti from Brum... you get the idea.. And I will judge and decide which part of the UK is best. :^

A Bedfordshire Clanger - main meal and dessert in a single package - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedfordshire_clanger

Super Wammer
A Bedfordshire Clanger - main meal and dessert in a single package - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedfordshire_clanger

A fine combination on the various occasions that I've tried them !

k

Super Wammer

I bought my first this year. It was delicious. I lived off it for 3 days :)