JVS

Pie Poll

Nelsons or not?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Perhaps we need a Cornish show. The HiFi Pastie.

PERHAPS! We need people from around ther country to bring a selection of their local delicacies for the Saturday evening! Pasties from Cornwall, Cream Teas from Devon, Ploughman's lunches from Kent and Sussex, Curries from Bradford, Cheeses from around the UK, Haggis from the Scott's , Hot Pot from Lancashire, Scouse from Liverpool, Balti from Brum... you get the idea.. And I will judge and decide which part of the UK is best. :^

A nice salad from Northampton?

A nice salad from Northampton?

Ok, do you know anyone?

Ok, do you know anyone?

No, not really. People seem to avoid spending time with me.

But I could bring some nice salad. I think a healthy option should be available.

Big up to everyone saying thanks, much appreciated - I really do enjoy being Pieman, it's a great way of putting something back in. :^

Some thoughts on what people have said:

Having a big pie tasting at the show is a good idea, but it would take a lot of organisation on the day, so would have to be arranged by someone who isn't exhibiting. :)

It's by no means a landslide in favour of Nelsons so far in this poll, so maybe the answer is to have a contest like last time, to see how Nelsons stand up to the competition. :?

The service by Nelsons seemed pretty good. Will the competitors be able to do similar?

Nelson's were a bit reluctant at first to do the bag/name/box thing..........:D The previous year I stupidly (:doh:, I'm a PM ffs) had a list of names, plus boxes of each size pie - it was a nightmare trying to bag everone's order on the day.

Given our order will be pretty substantial, there shouldn't be too much of an issue getting any other supplier to do the same ;-)

Mmmm, would it be possible for me to put up a pie stand? As some of you know I've been a chef for 27 years now and a pie stand complete with condiments and a great range of pies plus standards like chips,mushy peas, and pickles.

If James agrees of course.

Super Wammer
Perhaps we need a Cornish show. The HiFi Pastie.

PERHAPS! We need people from around ther country to bring a selection of their local delicacies for the Saturday evening! Pasties from Cornwall, Cream Teas from Devon, Ploughman's lunches from Kent and Sussex, Curries from Bradford, Cheeses from around the UK, Haggis from the Scott's , Hot Pot from Lancashire, Scouse from Liverpool, Balti from Brum... you get the idea.. And I will judge and decide which part of the UK is best. :^

I'm sure some Cornish pasties could be arranged ;-)

This has the real potential to cause the pietagonist much grief and fucking about when by and large people seemed happy with what was previously provided. Is there not enough nerdery on the day without throwing pies into the equation?

So there's nothing I could bring?

Mmmm, would it be possible for me to put up a pie stand? As some of you know I've been a chef for 27 years now and a pie stand complete with condiments and a great range of pies plus standards like chips,mushy peas, and pickles.

If James agrees of course.

:^ It will surely make the music sound better!

Oh, this is not the subjectivists' corner... :zip:

This has the real potential to cause the pietagonist much grief and fucking about when by and large people seemed happy with what was previously provided. Is there not enough nerdery on the day without throwing pies into the equation?

You don't really understand the piefi show do you?

Could we have some tofu pies?

:run:

:goodone::minikev:

Could we have some tofu pies?

:run:

That must be vegetarian spring rolls.

But Vietnam isn't part of the UK, or did I miss the news?

John's suggestion is great, but it is, after all, a hi-fi show. The pies are a small, and very pleasant, diversion.

I would humbly suggest that it works great as it is and we should leave it as it is. Jim does a magnificent job and if a bit of cash goes back to a worthy cause, than that's a perfect add-on to the show.

It's just an amateur event displaying audio stuff and an opportunity for a good listen and piss up. Lets, please, not complicate things overly...