JVS

Pie Poll

Nelsons or not?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are you still happy with the Nelsons pork pies for your show day lunch?

There was some dissent in another thread, so I thought a poll would be just the thing. :^

Please don't post suggestions for alternative pie vendors just yet - no point, until we have a result. :) Also, please don't vote unless you've either ordered a show pie in the past, or intend to this year.

A couple of considerations for you to think about:

The total pie order last year weighed about 100kg.

The pies need to be obtained either from an outlet that I can call into on my journey to Scalford, or a vendor willing to deliver the pies direct to Scalford.

Nelsons are very helpful - they put all orders in individual marked bags and then into boxes, also with the names on - this makes it far easier for me to manage on show day.

Nelsons gave us a 20% discount this year that we were able to donate to a very worthwhile cause.

I like the Nelsons pies, thanks for doing this Jim, the Pie Show wouldn't be the Pie Show without the pies :)

Nelsons :^

Good this year and seem well tuned to our needs service-wise. :)

Super Wammer

Nelsons OK with me.

An appropriate day to start this thread as well - the Battle of Trafalgar fought on 21 October....

k

I was very happy with Nelson's. But if there was a better one that didn't generate any more grief for you Jim then (stating the obvious maybe) I'd have no problem with changing.

I take Guy's point in the other thread about additional seasoning. The only thing I would say is that it is possible to add at least basic seasoning (salt/pepper/chutney) if you fancy more. But it's impossible to take it out if there's too much to start with. So you'd want to be convinced that hardly anyone had reached the threshold before you upped the spiciness.

Just my two penn'orth of course,

VB

Nelson's were fab and if they make life easier for Jim, then that's just the icing on the cake...chutney with the pie. ;-)

I think last years pie from Nelson was simply great.

Moreover, I wouldn't mind the discount offered by Nelson for the Pie Show to be donated to the same cause again.

In remembrance of past members and as another form of Spirit of the Wam.

Nelsons are great. How about having a pie tasting at Scalford, get a few contenders in and let folks try them in preparation for 2016?

Excellent plan

perhaps a room just for pies with a voting booth - use the nelsons discount to fund the competition sod the charity donation

I think last years pie from Nelson was simply great.

Moreover, I wouldn't mind the discount offered by Nelson for the Pie Show to be donated to the same cause again.

In remembrance of past members and as another form of Spirit of the Wam.

Agreed on both counts, and thanks to Jim for taking it on again.

S

Agreed on both counts, and thanks to Jim for taking it on again.

S

Seconded :^

I wasn't overly impressed with the Nelsons pie however the chutney was fab , I will order a pie again for next years show

Well done Jim , a big :^