mmar

Wammers Album Club... Tues 21 st Oct - jayhawks " rainy day music "

Not for me.

I like stuff that is a bit similar - I really like the Finns and I'm not averse to a bit of twee-ness. But this just keeps larding on the twee until I stop listening. This album might be well reviewed if they have a WAC over on Mumsnet.

It did make me very glad I chose Zappa last week, in spite of the kicking I got for it.

I've had a couple of listens to this now and it just doesn't grab me - I do like Stumbling Through The Dark tho' with faint echoes of The Byrds and it's reprise but the rest just didn't float my boat - sorry Mick.

However, like Zappa, there is plenty to explore in their back catalogue so all is not lost :^

I've got Tomorrow the Green Grass and Hollywood Town Hall, both of which I like but I have been listening to a lot of post punk lately, The Fall in particular, so this just sounds far too nice for where my musical taste is presently focused. Under different circumstances I would probably find it ok if a little bland compared with the two aforementioned albums.

I listened on Tuesday and have now completely forgotten it. Pleasant, inoffensive, unmemorable, etc.

I've now listened a couple of times. As people have mentioned, It's an inoffensive album with some quite pleasant tunes.

It's a little samey though - too vanilla for me - it needs an injection of raspberry ripple! :^

Super Wammer

I bought this after hearing it here. Only just got round to playing it, I really like it. It makes a nice tonic to the stuff I normally listen to. Thanks for the intro :^

Not bad just didnt do much for me. 3/5

Sorry for late reply, trying to catchup on all the WAC I have missed over the last couple of months...

spambots, eh? :roll:

:)

Oi! :off:

I know it probably looks like that but I really am just trying to catch up with about 3 months worth of WAC as it's not really fair for me not to listen to other wammer's choices and then expect everyone to listen to mine...

Just teasing, mein freund.

No worries mate I knew you were, just forgot the smiley face. :)

Now I'm caught up I have to find something else to do today. I wonder what else there is on this ere internet thingy... :bouncey: