It Cost How Much!?!

Song Of The Day

Knock, knock... do you mind if I come in?:nerves: I enjoyed that, thanks, I didn't know he'd done a cover of it.

I had a flick through your links Bob and it brought back some memories... buying some tartan sta-press troosers at The Last Resort.... seeing them (the band from the shop) with the 4skins... a fair few Peter and the Test Tube Babies gigs (never saw Cock Sparrer sadly)... a few years later seeing Cabaret Voltaire at the Town & Country Club and having a few scoops with Steve Mallinder... I grew up on Beasley Street as well (didn't we all).

If I may, this is my song of the day... http://musicruinedmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/rat-and-whale-wheels-on-fire-1980.html I 'liberated' a copy from Our Price on the way home from school and haven't heard it for about 30 years.

Knock, knock... do you mind if I come in?:nerves: I enjoyed that, thanks, I didn't know he'd done a cover of it.

I had a flick through your links Bob and it brought back some memories... buying some tartan sta-press troosers at The Last Resort.... seeing them (the band from the shop) with the 4skins... a fair few Peter and the Test Tube Babies gigs (never saw Cock Sparrer sadly)... a few years later seeing Cabaret Voltaire at the Town & Country Club and having a few scoops with Steve Mallinder... I grew up on Beasley Street as well (didn't we all).

If I may, this is my song of the day... http://musicruinedmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/rat-and-whale-wheels-on-fire-1980.html I 'liberated' a copy from Our Price on the way home from school and haven't heard it for about 30 years.

You are most welcome.

I may have been at the same Cabs gig, there was a very beautiful girl half cast singer on before them, who my mate Rhys fell in love with.

Love the 4-Skins, not sure why they are ignored so much. Peter & TTTB were great live, I also never saw Cock Sparrow. I have never stopped playing Oi music really, along with Punk, metal, techno etc..

I'm pretty sure it was this one http://www.discogs.com/Cabaret-Voltaire-Kentish-Town-12286/release/2336612 They played two nights, I saw the first and got some tickets from a tout for the second, it was that good. We spent a bit of time with Steve in the pub opposite, really nice fella. Very influential band. I don't remember the support act in any detail but remember being a bit bowled over... until the Cabs came on.

Aye the Test Tubes were brilliant live, same with a lot of Oi and punk stuff - it doesn't really do that well though a mixing desk but if you've been to a decent gig you can fill the blanks and imagine the energy.

I agree with the Ian Dury 'MIUH' original post.

ID.

Wembley.

Despite premiere of slightly naff 'SADARAR' eventually on BBC2 HD 2 days ago.

Listening to this on the office system, as I had to be in work at 6 :zzzz:

[video=youtube;Ly4gkCMXh4Y]

"The Whores Hustle And The Hustlers Whore"

<!-- start of lyrics -->Speak to me of universal laws

The whores hustle and the hustlers whore

All around me people bleed

Speak to me your song of greed

Speak to me of your inner charm

Of how you'll keep me safe from harm

I don't think so, I don't see

Speak to me of your inner peace

Little people at the amusement park