Tel

Tidal Streaming service

All of the best to those interested in this topic, but the words 'Tidal Streaming' frighten me.

Another yorkshireman here

I know - I've been to your house! Had a few bits off you in the past, not a psycho stalker!

Stayed up far too late listening to various tracks last night. Had file errors on some Peter Gabriel albums (typical as he's my favourite artist) which I need to investigate and a couple of weird drop out moments but I can't fault how good it sounds.

Before I spend all night trying to fix it - could someone please try and play Peter Gabriel's So (Remastered) album and see if it works?

I keep getting a "getTrack failed...." message.

Tidal will not be getting £20/month off me if he's not on there!!

Edit - just tried it on their web player and "None of the tracks are available for streaming".

Balls.

Before I spend all night trying to fix it - could someone please try and play Peter Gabriel's So (Remastered) album and see if it works?

I keep getting a "getTrack failed...." message

'Audio not available' on mine as well. Both special edition and remastered editions. Definitely Tidal's end as everything ok mine otherwise.

Panic not... :^

Thanks Ade, I just edited my post as you submitted yours!

Disappointed he's not on there, but I had that error on a few others which I would listen to on a regular basis so for me it's not worth the £20.

You have some valid points there. The £1=$1 does seem to cause upset with some and that particular perspective does nothing to answer the question as to whether £20 per month is something well spent for the individual trying to make a sensible decision.

I'd love to try Tidal but at the moment I've no way of getting a feed into my amp. It's not supported by my Naim ND5 XS streamer and I don't have a Connect in my Sonos set-up. If, when I do try it, I like it them I suspect I'll arrive at a positive decision to pay the asking price irrespective of the comparative price for consumers on another continent. Mind you, the £1=$1 might not be too far from the actual exchange rate once we get to May :whistle:

If your ND5 has the latest f/w on it and you have an Android device, you can send the stream via Bubble. It doesn't currently work for me but that's because my software dates back to the Norman Conquest.

Tidal now available in Ireland, Finland, the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.

I know we have quite a few wammers from Ireland so that should be good news.

And they get it cheaper at 20 euro per month. It looks like the price of Tidal is 20, pounds, dollars, euros, beans!

Tidal now available in Ireland, Finland, the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.

I know we have quite a few wammers from Ireland so that should be good news.

And they get it cheaper at 20 euro per month. It looks like the price of Tidal is 20, pounds, dollars, euros, beans!

In that case, set proxies to Vietnam when it launches there.

If your ND5 has the latest f/w on it and you have an Android device, you can send the stream via Bubble. It doesn't currently work for me but that's because my software dates back to the Norman Conquest.

Ah thank you, I've just updated the firmware to version 4.1 but I failed on the Android device so will need to get one. I've installed BubbleUPNP server on my PC and will poke around with the IPad that I usually use to control the streamer but I think my hope will be in vain.

Thanks once more, I look forward to trying it with an Android something or other.

Chris

I've been signed up for about a month now. Sound quality is shedloads better than Rdio and, confusingly, slightly better sound quality than playing the same music via the CD drawer of the same computer I use for streaming.

Got other issues though; frequent dropouts, quite a lot of music listed but not available. The killer though is having to pay half as much again as the yanks do for the the same product. I will probably kick if at least one of those issues isn't sorted soon.

When I tried Tidal on a solid 37Mbs fibre ... I kept getting messages telling me I needed to select a lower quality because of download speed issues. It would also pause while streaming.

Looks like Tidal is about to be bought out................ by Jay Z...............http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/31063778

Looks like Tidal is about to be bought out................ by Jay Z...............http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/31063778

There's definitely a huge market for CD quality streaming; he's onto a goldmine if the niggles get sorted out

The niggle for mass coverage is price, to a lot of people the difference between MP3 with ads for free to better bit rate with no Ads (Spotify Premium) for £9.99 is too much to pay when they only listen on their phone or laptop, I doubt they will pay £20.00 for Tidal. Spotify also links into Facebook and people can share playlists etc.

It will always be a niche market product, one that I am glad is available, how big they can make that niche will be interesting.

The niggle for mass coverage is price, to a lot of people the difference between MP3 with ads for free to better bit rate with no Ads (Spotify Premium) for £9.99 is too much to pay when they only listen on their phone or laptop, I doubt they will pay £20.00 for Tidal. Spotify also links into Facebook and people can share playlists etc.

It will always be a niche market product, one that I am glad is available, how big they can make that niche will be interesting.

Is there a sound difference between free Spotify and Premium one?

And again Premium Spotify against Tidal. Is there a big difference sound wise between those two?