bmtell

Cycling for fat bastards

Good advice Allan, I used to do lots of it including a 30 mile a day round trip to work and back plus more serious rides at the weekends and ended up getting stale. You can really improve on a bike in the early days by just taking it easy and having a chat with a mate.

As with all things some inspiration is good for when things do get painful (highlight at about 4'20):

[video=youtube;sQojh-wqL04]

The story is that Roche needed to make some time up or at least keep within striking distance of renowned climber Delgado so that with a good time trial (Roche's strength) he could win the Tour. Roche fooled everyone (including commentator Phil Ligget} by 'pretending' to be dropped then he gave it some welly. I used to think about that every time I hammered it up Staddiscombe Hill - pure agony!

... and yes, don't fart about, start spinning some miles now. In fact, I think I'll dust of my trusty steed and go out for a spin now... there's a nice hill on the way back.

Admin

fixt

I have put me tights on and am off for a cake. Might stop for some cycling.. Cake is nice.
  • Upvote 1

Todays cake was lemon drizzle. That and a coffee at the half way point were bloody lovely.

I have been trying out this moving yer feet in circles rather than my stomping technique. Will take a bit of practice, but it seems to help getting up hills.

I need to get some of that stuff for stopping my seatpost slipping. The bloke in the shop when I bought it put some on, but I have adjusted the height slightly after getting the shiny shoes and it slips back a bit.

Just need to find time for a midweek ride or two now.

Finally got around to cycling the last 6 miles into work. As I sort of promised to do for the cycle to work scheme. Nice bit of fresh air with a small hill in the middle. Feel much better for it.

Finally got around to cycling the last 6 miles into work. As I sort of promised to do for the cycle to work scheme. Nice bit of fresh air with a small hill in the middle. Feel much better for it.

How are you going to get back? Don't be asking me for a lift. :x

How are you going to get back? Don't be asking me for a lift. :x

Just realised I have left some tools in the car I need. :doh:

Just realised I have left some tools in the car I need. :doh:

pratt :D

By 'tools', I assume you mean a massive fucking cake.

If it was cake there is a Tesco a couple of hundred yards away.

I shall just have to sit here and play internets for the rest of the afternoon. Or walk to Tesco. Will need sustenance for the cycle later.

If it was cake there is a Tesco a couple of hundred yards away.

I shall just have to sit here and play internets for the rest of the afternoon. Or walk to Tesco. Will need sustenance for the cycle later.

You could cycle to Tesco.

You could cycle to Tesco.

By the time I have put me tights back on and me shoes I could have been to Tesco and inhaled half their cakes.