bmtell

Cycling for fat bastards

I might have a saddle that would work. It is a WTB Speed V mtb/road saddle.

Worst (bike/arse) thing I ever did was switching the Fizik Gobi that came fitted to my bike for a WTB Rocket V. The latter, despite looking more comfortable, makes my arse bones as sore as something very sore indeed. Which reminds me to f*ck about and switch back before a ride on Friday.

And some Selle Italia bum measuring kit.

Doubt it goes up to Mark's size.:nerves:

- - - Updated - - -

I may have accidentally ordered a new Trek Domane 4.3

How much:shock: - you could have bought a decent used car for that and saved all the butthurt.;-)

I may have accidentally ordered a new Trek Domane 4.3

Still got to sort the saddle.

Has anyone tried a Brooks on their road bike?

Yes, I have a Brooks on mine. To be honest, it was quite comfortable to start with and now is easily the most comfortable saddle on any of my bikes. Only downside is that they do add weight if you're worried about that sort of thing.

Yes, I have a Brooks on mine. To be honest, it was quite comfortable to start with and now is easily the most comfortable saddle on any of my bikes. Only downside is that they do add weight if you're worried about that sort of thing.

I didn't really consider the Brooks or the WTB at first. But they may just do the trick. I'm not convinced that the Brooks will work, but will give it a try. As I weigh more than ten times the bike it's weight doesn't bother me.

I didn't really consider the Brooks or the WTB at first. But they may just do the trick. I'm not convinced that the Brooks will work, but will give it a try. As I weigh more than ten times the bike it's weight doesn't bother me.

So the bike weighs 3 stone? :P

• Upvote 1

Brooks saddles are fantastic. I had one as I said and once I had worn it in it was so comfortable I never wanted to get off the bike!

Next question.

Need a cheap wireless bike computer. Any recommendations?

Will probably get the Duo trap sensor for the frame eventually, but not just yet. Need some cycling clothes first.

Should shave my balls? I reckon it would feel quite lovely smearing chamois cream around my hairless nads.

Super Wammer

I had a Brooks, and yes, it was good. Only thing is, it doesn't react well to getting wet. Maybe I didn't look after it properly, but it soon became impossible to continue to use it. Nice bike BTW:^

:D

Check out the >Selle San Marco Rolls< saddles Mark.

They're very comfortable, especially if you pair them up with padded shorts.

Super Wammer
Check out the >Selle San Marco Rolls< saddles Mark.

They're very comfortable, especially if you pair them up with padded shorts.

I agree. Had a couple of those, back in the day.

Next question.

Need a cheap wireless bike computer. Any recommendations?

You can't ride and post on the Wam at the same time.:nup:

- - - Updated - - -

You can always cycle over to mine on a Sunday afternoon - should be a nice little round trip for you. I'll even give you a cup of tea and a biscuit to keep your energy levels up.;-)