The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

It Cost How Much!?!

Superior TEAC & Esoteric Supreme Quality Build Thread

The Teac & Esoteric brands are just so well made and quality products.

I own two Esoteric / Teac P-30 transports, wonderful things, built as top quality things should be.

My eldest son has a Teac 500 Reference series system, again quality build, it's lasted him four years, which is a blinking miracle.

l own a TEAC PD-H600 CD Player (£400) and it a proper unit- sounds good too!:^

Yes! TEAC.

I had the pleasure of ownership. Had the A-H500 and others for years and cherished it. Recently sold it due to other pieces failing and went to the distinction AI-2000 and I'm still debating whether I like it very much or do I absolutely love it. TEAC always gave me a positive experience.

Super Wammer

I have had the VRDS 10SE and A-BX7R:

3667098657_6ae824528a_b.jpgHoops Audio speakers by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

4417804166_c587cf0525_b.jpgScalford Hall Show System by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Really nice matching combo, the A-BX7R was made by Thule IIRC, lovely build quality, balanced inputs etc.

The VRDS was as you would expect, a battleship. Only problem was it was really fussy playing discs, probably needed a new laser!

I have a small collection of vrds players. 2x 10's, 2 x 7's and a 9.

Did a bit of dicking about with one of the 10's and it sounds rather good imo.

My eldest son has a Teac 500 Reference series system, again quality build, it's lasted him four years, which is a blinking miracle.

I've got a 500 Reference system for my living room system, with a Techie SL-1700 and some MS10is. The amp and CD are very good, the tuner might well be if I could be bothered to hook it up to a decent antenna but does ok with strong FM through the bit of wire currently doing service, the tape deck is great for playback, average for recording.

The whole system, apart from the speakers which were in the loft, worked out at £30 per component. I couldn't be happier for that money.

Oh, and WAF is high too.

I have a teak sideboard which is doing sterling service and has done sice the early 70s

Teac P700 transport with extensive enhancements including dual Never Connected PSU's.

As the current owner of bobs t1/d1 pairing they are cracking bits of kit

Listening to an A-H500i right now as my stand-in amp whilst faffing around with other amps, deciding what I actually want etc.

To be honest, the Teac amp sounds great with my Snells, and for the moment I'm very happy with it until I get around to trying out some other gear.

If it does get displaced from the main system then it will definitely find a home in the bedroom, maybe a nice pair of Q Acoustics 3010 or 3020s would go nicely?