dhlshovel

Nightingale Speakers (Falcon Acoustics) Owners Club

1 hour ago, electrocutas said:

suspension kits also availabe on ebay from Netherlands

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/audiofriends?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Thanks!

Hi all,

thanks for the pointer dhlshovel!! 

I managed to find ‘speaker exchange’ in the states.They have new foam suspension kits for a princely $16 a pair. 

My coils seem to be a bit noisy. Anyone any ideas on rewinds or replace please?? 

Super Wammer

I found this recently, from an old 1980 Hifi Yearbook. 

37D46980-A2EE-4764-9E03-9C654FBB5E07.thumb.jpeg.c630d7dcef040ef691b34ce757200599.jpeg

Super Wammer

And a trade receipt from 1977, in John Jeffries’ own handwriting...

DF3C36B2-C440-4E95-8993-16E5D5942EF9.thumb.jpeg.6972b48f94f66afca00487bcf76e6644.jpeg

Hi all. I've just inherited a pair of NM1's that seen not to be too badly off after all the years, would they be of interest to anyone and what sort of money would they achieve these days. Help would very much be appreciated. Pete

Super Wammer

Hi all. I've just inherited a pair of NM1's that seen not to be too badly off after all the years, would they be of interest to anyone and what sort of money would they achieve these days. Help would very much be appreciated. Pete

Welcome, Peter.  Unfortunately I cannot even take a stab at the price, though the cosmetics will be a big factor.  They had a sort of Formica wood finish, or black, on the side panels.  Are the drive units in good shape?  Do they work??  The foam grilles and hood may be history, or might have been replaced  

If you can post a few pics it would be easier to assess. (You won’t be able to upload large files, so take reduced size ones if possible).  

Edited by Nopiano
  • Like 1