dhlshovel

Nightingale Speakers (Falcon Acoustics) Owners Club

Super Wammer

Hi, I am an ex, but very fond memories of, Nightingale NM point5 owner bought new in about 1979 or so.

In the 70's I knew a guy who owned them-Gdansk,Poland.He was driving them by the then top of the line 'Natural Sound Stereo Amplifier' and top Technics turntable deck SME arm and Shure V15III cart.I had the sounds in my head for long:)

I had a pair of those Nightingale NM1 many years ago, Rotel RA1412 amp at the time too, as well as a small Harman Kardon pairing, then a Sansui. They ended up with a friend, various blown drivers, all I have left is one of the metal plates that held the mid or treble panel on top.

I remember my square foam tops, and the grills with that sticky velcro, disintigrating over time too. Isophon tweeters and Seas Mids, the foam on the mids perished easily too if I remember. Interestingly, a gentleman called John who bought a bicycle of me, also had a pair, heavily modified with ribbon tweeters and ATC mids I think it was? One of his kids had drew a smiley face on one of the drivers.

Really liked those speakers.

I still currently own a pair of Nightingale NM1's

I bought them in either 1978 or 79. They have been in storage for many years due to lack of space. The Foam grills ant tops disintegrated long before that. I replaced them with my home made grills and tops.

They always sounded fantastic and impressed everyone who heard them - at the time they were driven by a Sony TA-5650 V-FET amp. (That has long since been gone.

Have recently got them out of storage and want to get them up and running again.

The 4" Peerless mid range units are not in very good condition though and am not sure if they would still work or not. the cones are cracking and going powdery - one is worse than the other.

Have been looking for replacements but it seems not easy to find as Peerless was taken over by Tymphany and now they have been discontinued. I think this is the speaker though http://www.tymphany.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/821615.pdf

nm1-1.jpg

nm1-2.jpg

nm1-3.jpg

nm1-4.jpg

nm1-5.jpg

Hi Keith ,

The surrounds on my midrange units were i bit iffy so I painted some unibond on em. Real cowboy guess but they're still holding up!

p.s. pm'd thanks to you for the brochure pic

.....A friend of mine and myself have beem swopping speakers around between us for years now ...to cut a long story short he has a pair of Nightingale NM1's which I'm to collect this week ....they are in pretty good nick they have been re-painted and had new grills assembled ....for now a Sony AV reciever is in place to drive them (sorry) but change is on it's way ..there is one thing puzzling me though ..I noticed on the web an old scanned booklet originally supplied with the NM 1's a 3 position frequency switch is mentioned ...which I've never noticed - do they all have this feature?

Have a look on the top of the cabinet behind the HF driver ; thats where the switch is on mine , although I've never used it!

.....A friend of mine and myself have beem swopping speakers around between us for years now ...to cut a long story short he has a pair of Nightingale NM1's which I'm to collect this week ....they are in pretty good nick they have been re-painted and had new grills assembled ....for now a Sony AV reciever is in place to drive them (sorry) but change is on it's way ..there is one thing puzzling me though ..I noticed on the web an old scanned booklet originally supplied with the NM 1's a 3 position frequency switch is mentioned ...which I've never noticed - do they all have this feature?

Yes, they all have this switch it - only affects the tweeter - looking from the front:

Set central it is Flat

To the left Minus 1.5db

To the right Minus 3db

I have owned a pair since 1978 which have been in constant use through four house moves. I still love them the left and right labels fell off some time back can anyone tell me how to tell left from right, at the moment i have them mid range inboard

Hi Robot,

I still have the left and right stickers on mine.

Looks like you have yours set up correctly.

The tweeters should be on the outside and the mid range in the centre (Next to each other if the speakers were placed close together).