Maro73

Audiophysics owners

Thanks for your replies. 

I was tempted to try and seek out the A3, but it’s such a dull looker for that kind of money, though the specs suggest they will go lower. I had heard from speaking to people that they would probably be a little less refined that the S1 as a trade off. I loved the magico, but can’t help feel that they’re overpriced (excellent though they are).

The Codex have no apparent weakness or problem, to my ears (they all start out that way though!). I would say they sound quite different to the Avantera that I heard some months ago though, which I found relatively lean. 

It’s been several months since hearing the Avantera, but these Codex seem more fleshed out. Aural memory is tricky, so I may be wrong. 

The Codex look very interesting speakers & seem to have a different bass driver arrangement than some others in the AP range, with their sub100Hz internal driver
& front mounted main bass driver. The Scorpios have side mounted woofers - 4 per speaker.

Love the Scorpio's superb detail through mid & treble with no hardness, harshness or brightness (unless recording is particularly bad). Bass is extended
& generally good quality but is the speakers' slight weak point - it can sound a touch out of step at times. 

Enjoy your new APs.

Edited by Von Krolock

I got the classic 30 in oak some time ago and have to say these are fantastic speakers and really good quality. I’m now wondering if moving from Avondale audio to gato will give any improvements. Got to say Avondale is really quite special for me, they tick a lot of boxes of what I like in audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just joined with Codex (Manfred Ediition) and they are being driven by a new Gato400s (integrated DAC and network player...very very impressive sound and power). Cables are HiDiamond and are great. Previously had Triangle Magellan Duettos.....great speakers and very transparent and ‘alive’, but Codex is in a different league with greater range and presentation.

Audio Physic have created a great speaker with the Codex.

Super Wammer

Welcome to the club. Sounds like you made a visit to EliteAudio :)

Just joined with Codex (Manfred Ediition) and they are being driven by a new Gato400s (integrated DAC and network player...very very impressive sound and power). Cables are HiDiamond and are great. Previously had Triangle Magellan Duettos.....great speakers and very transparent and ‘alive’, but Codex is in a different league with greater range and presentation.
Audio Physic have created a great speaker with the Codex.

I’ve been toying with the idea of gato for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I am in the capable hands of Mark and his team who have been excellent. I read the Six Moons review (the reviews were also good for my previous Magellan’s) and when he told me the reviewer bought a pair and he has also a his own pair I knew it would be a good bet and so it has proved to be (or we are all collectively mad).

I thoroughly recommend the Gato 400s, great sound and power plus fantastic style and functionality.

P.S. I am in SW London if anyone would like a demonstration

Edited by Aikidoka

Hi all

I currently have a pair of Avanti III speakers, running off a Gato 400s amp and a Aqua La Scala DAC. Again using HiDiamond cables. I would like to upgrade from the Avanti, but AP do not do a similar sized speaker that would be an upgrade. All the rest in the range are larger, making them too large for my room. The Avanti is great and does well with most genres, I would just like a little more realism in the voices and have the spund a little more organic. The Aqua DAC does warm up the presentation a little from running through just the Gato amp, which is nice as it makes the sound a little richer.