Sign in to follow this  
kingsxfan

a-ha......Hunting high and low

I'vegot all their albums bar the latest. The first three, Hunting High & Low, Scoundrel Days and Stay On These Roads are in the same style and if you like one of those you'll like the other two. They then adopted a more 'mature' and modern sound which kept elements of the older stuff but made it more 'current' in terms of what was happening in the music scene at the time. I didn't like East Of The Sun, West Of The Moon or the follow up Memorial Beach (save a couple of songs on each) but Minor Earth Major Sky and the subsequent Lifelines are excellent. I will buy the latest one very soon, it's on my Christmas list so must wait to see if somebody buys me it first! I would get their older albums first in order to 'grow' with them rather than jump straight in with the new one.

kingsxfan wrote:

I'll be checking out there other stuff promptly, the new album is supposed to be very good...anyone heard it?

Got it right here in front of me as a Christmas present for aforementioned ex (yes amazingly we are stil friendly). Would listen to it, but its wrapped and doesnt seem right. Hopefully its along the same lines as minor earth and lifelines which i really like.