Sign in to follow this  
kingsxfan

a-ha......Hunting high and low

I know we tend to look back with rose tinted specs at the past, especially music thrown out of the 80's, but the last few weeks I've been listening to this album and am startled by how truely musical it is. Yes, it contains 'Take on me' but there are at least five other superbly musical tracks that hit the spot.

I'd definately recommend a revist of this album, you may be suprised, it hasn't been off my turntable!!!

whey hey.......A-ha.........brave words indeed :):):)

Time to come out of the closet.........Hunting High & Low is a good album

80's pop rocked.

There, I said it.

kingsxfan wrote:

I know we tend to look back with rose tinted specs at the past, especially music thrown out of the 80's, but the last few weeks I've been listening to this album and am startled by how truely musical it is. Yes, it contains 'Take on me' but there are at least five other superbly musical tracks that hit the spot.

I'd definately recommend a revist of this album, you may be suprised, it hasn't been off my turntable!!!

:rockin:

Morten Haarket did them no favours being such a pretty boy but i felt they did some pretty good stuff and also one of the better Bond songs ( Living Daylights). their new album is supposed to be quite good but not commercial enough which is no bad thing in my book

Yes- Living Daylights is definitely one of the best Bond songs... but not sure if they wrote it or someone else (maybe the great John Barry?).

I stand corrected seems Mr Barry is responsible for the the track and orchestrations

What about their own stuff - did they write their own songs?

My Ex is big A-HA fan. Stuff like Take on me and The Sun Always Shines on TV isnt at all typical of what they themselves prefer and have written since. In fact 2 of their more recent albums called Minor Earth, Major Sky and Lifelines are really good (good music and well recorded). In fact i even went to Wembley arena a few years back to see them with her. Was actually pretty good!

Class stuff - I've been a fan of their music for years.