graham67

Rogers speakers

Hello all....  I have recently been looking at some Rogers LS5/9's  and have come across some Rogers Compact Monitors which appear to be similar in size and construction to LS5/9's. I cannot however find out much about them, does anybody know what the main differences are? Any help much appreciated.

Robin,

PS) Graham..  the 405 still sounds very sweet indeed, in use every day.

Super Wammer

Hi,

I have just purchased a pair of JR150 from this forum. The foamy wrap round black speaker covers are in need of replacing, any suggestions from whom i could get them from?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

Super Wammer
19 minutes ago, stressed said:

Hi,

I have just purchased a pair of JR150 from this forum. The foamy wrap round black speaker covers are in need of replacing, any suggestions from whom i could get them from?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

these are made to original specs 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JIM-ROGERS-JR150-FOAM-SPEAKER-GRILLES-PAIR/302925518268?hash=item4687c495bc:g:KhAAAOSwcaFZFGPF:rk:4:pf:0

And these are a cheaper option

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jim-Rogers-JR150-black-open-cell-acoustic-grill-foams-1-4-thick-cut-to-fit/323581098658?hash=item4b56efbaa2:g:97UAAOSwSzdXDTdt:rk:3:pf:0

Super Wammer

Hi guys, 

I’ve got a set of speakers that say Rogers EPS 66 on them. I’ve searched high and low on the internet and I can’t seem to find any trace of them whatsoever. 
I’m just wondering if any of you have come across a pair and if so could tell me a little bit about them! 

Cheers

1 hour ago, Charlie Wells said:

Hi guys, 

I’ve got a set of speakers that say Rogers EPS 66 on them. I’ve searched high and low on the internet and I can’t seem to find any trace of them whatsoever. 
I’m just wondering if any of you have come across a pair and if so could tell me a little bit about them! 

Cheers

Hi Charlie and welcome to the Wam.

I have owned 9 different pairs of Rogers speakers over the last 45 years, I am currently typing this listening to a pair of LS5/9s', I have not heard of this model. Some pictures might help.

Posted (edited)

My small study is unable to support larger speakers, so I have resorted to a novel solution, the JR149.  As I work standing, they are mounted high up.

jr149 close pt25.jpg

quad stack 149 pt25.jpg

Edited by graham67
  • Like 1

Super Wammer
On 01/08/2019 at 12:10, graham67 said:

My small study is unable to support larger speakers, so I have resorted to a novel solution, the JR149.  As I work standing, they are mounted high up.

jr149 close pt25.jpg

quad stack 149 pt25.jpg

I had mixed feeling about JR149 back in the day, but I must say the styling has aged very well.   Rather surprising that amongst all the LS3/5a clones nobody has copied these, unless I’ve missed something!

Agree they look very neat, and can be angled without it being obvious. They are however quite greedy. They sounded a bit small on the end of a 405-2 which had no problems with LS1 and LS6.

. I swapped the 405-2 for my Full Monty dual mono Net Audio 405-3 and they came alive. I experienced a similar effect with Rogers studio 1 which loved plenty of watts.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, graham67 said:

Agree they look very neat, and can be angled without it being obvious. They are however quite greedy. They sounded a bit small on the end of a 405-2 which had no problems with LS1 and LS6.

. I swapped the 405-2 for my Full Monty dual mono Net Audio 405-3 and they came alive. I experienced a similar effect with Rogers studio 1 which loved plenty of watts.

My cousin had a pair connected to the original NAD3020 but he always had them on the floor where they boomed!  They still had a certain quality though.