The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

catcando

Summer bakeoff in Cambs

Guest BD Audio

What the hell happened to Rabski's hair?! :rofl:

I had two burgers and four sausages so felt I didn’t let the side down too much. The re-fried beans were amazing but very brave to give them to Wammers, especially those with a long journey home in a confined space.

I haven’t had a chance to post since Saturday so many thanks to Gregg for being such an excellent host. I haven’t experienced quite such a single minded listening room before, I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I first noticed that the ceiling and walls were gently sloped away from the listening position. The silence between notes and the amount of low level information you can hear with such a low noise floor is quite something. Maybe I can fit some sound absorbers to my children…

It’s obviously been a real labour of love for Gregg and the room felt like something out of a bond movie and I wondered that if you pushed the wrong button on the remote, a shark infested pool might open up in the floor.

It was really great afternoon and was nice to get to know a lot of wammers better and listen to some good tunes. Hopefully I’ll get out to one or two more bake offs this year.

DSC_2131.jpg

Posture of champions.

I didn't know you could still buy Ready Brek :shock:

0.jpg

I haven’t experienced quite such a single minded listening room before, I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I first noticed that the ceiling and walls were gently sloped away from the listening position. The silence between notes and the amount of low level information you can hear with such a low noise floor is quite something. Maybe I can fit some sound absorbers to my children…

It’s obviously been a real labour of love for Gregg and the room felt like something out of a bond movie and I wondered that if you pushed the wrong button on the remote, a shark infested pool might open up in the floor.

It wasn't so much single minded, as desperation! Yes, I did have the room, professionally designed ( at a very reduced rate, as a favour of a friend of a friend), but it was a sonic disaster! I abandoned the room for 10 years.

What you see is a rescue attempt. It worked; and I got my listening room back.

Great room ! I am envious, I bet it sounds fabulous.

Keith.

Another first, I think; no one left anything behind! I have no extra bits.

The standards have risen. The only way is up!

I left something behind in the garden - but I don't want it back thanks :P

Oh god, that reminds me: Gregg - you might want to be careful when you put your wellies on too, it can dry to quite a sharp point sometimes...

This all sounds like that old bunch of wammers, I used to know; not the nice ones, that came round to mine.