TurnItUp

Moon by Simaudio Young Team

Hmmmmm,

Did a check. Looks like we are both in the wrong. I just replaced what was in there previously. Guess I should have checked. From the manual on the net...

Fuse Replacement - 230V ......................... 2 long fast blow

So I had the wrong fuse?! :doh:

Guess I should have checked from the manual on the net! :D

Great amp btw - clean and neutral without any harshness or brightness. :^

So I had the wrong fuse?! :doh:

Guess I should have checked from the manual on the net! :D

Great amp btw - clean and neutral without any harshness or brightness. :^

Thank you for selling me an amp that makes me want NOT to change anything. I peruse the classifieds with not a care in the world.

My mission now is to build a system from scratch. The stereo I have now, I do not want to change.

Got to admit that I didn't know this thread existed! From the lack of use it seems there's only a few SimAudio owners here. Shame. They make top quality kit at relatively reasonable prices. I've had a couple of Moon MiND 180's and they sounded great but I felt the app let them down (mainly due to being an instant upgrader of IOS and then the app not working for months!). Currently own the 430HA headphone amp which really is one of the best amps I've heard and is a great match for the 800S. I'd like to try the 380D DSD DAC next but the dealer network is limited and I'll have to wait until I can get the time for an audition.

Hope this is a good place to ask this question. With the 380 D DAC I see there are two sets of output: fixed and variable. Does anyone know if it would be possible to: 

1. Have the variable output going to a pair of active speakers and
  2. Have the fixed output going to a seperate (Moon) headphone amplifier

I know the variable output is an optional extra. Thanks for any information as I could not find this in the user manual.

13 minutes ago, zekezebra said:

Hope this is a good place to ask this question. With the 380 D DAC I see there are two sets of output: fixed and variable. Does anyone know if it would be possible to: 

1. Have the variable output going to a pair of active speakers and
  2. Have the fixed output going to a seperate (Moon) headphone amplifier

I know the variable output is an optional extra. Thanks for any information as I could not find this in the user manual.

Can't help I'm afraid. Have you asked your local Simaudio distributor?

Hows it going Young Team Fleeto?

Can anyone tell me what size the threads are on the spiked feet that some of the amps have. Like the older i-5 integrated and the p5 pre amps?
I have the i-5 but never had the spikes. I'd guess its an m6 thread but can anyone confirm?

Cheers 

david of the little audio company has written an excellent review of the moon audio neo ace . well worth reading 

https://www.thelittleaudio.company/single-post/2017/02/08/review---moon-audio-neo-ace

• Like 1

Just chopped in my Cyrus Amps- DAC-XP,/PSX-R, Mono X200 signatures for a stealth black 340iX. It’s only in a few hours but already has bags more depth, drive and sublime timing. What a lovely piece of kit. It’s showing what my Contour S1.4s can really do. Does anyone know how long the run in on one of these takes?

cheers!

iain

0A9BE225-8002-4420-9D7C-76DA6DC567DA.jpeg

On 06/07/2014 at 12:30, htm_1968 said:

FWIW, the Moon MiND 180 is a stunner at the price. I am probably going to end up with one, but want to try the Auralic Aries before I shell out the £££s.

Me like it a lot. The new version has good reviews as well

On 2/25/2017 at 11:30, hifinutt said:

david of the little audio company has written an excellent review of the moon audio neo ace . well worth reading 

https://www.thelittleaudio.company/single-post/2017/02/08/review---moon-audio-neo-ace

Recently bought an ex-demo Moon Neo Ace  to replace an Arcam Alpha 6  in my second (dining room)  system driving a pair of Castle Trent II speakers.  Sounds so much better than the 20 year old Arcam even driving the Castles plus has so much more functionality.

John

if anyone is looking for a Moon CD Player, let me know. I have a Simaudio Moon Equinox in silver i'm looking to sell. it is listed in the classifieds.

Pains me to say it but theres now no sound coming from the left channel on my Moon i-5

I had unplugged my speakers to test an unused set before selling them. 
Went to play music today and there was no sound. I realised I'd forgot to plug the speakers back in. Plugged them back in but theres now no sound from the left channel.

I'm wondering if the act of switching on the amp with no speakers attached to the cables has damaged the amp in someway? Cables were lying on the carpet. not sure if they were touching at the contacts or not.

Is this likely repairable? I'm in Glasgow. Who's best bet to take it in for assessment?

Super Wammer

Loud and Clear on St Vincent Street (0141 221 0221) are big Moon dealers.

Or try Renaisssance in Edinburgh who are the importers (0131 555 3922)

I was told my 600i integrated could not be damaged by being turned on without speakers attached but the I-5 may be different. Good luck. It's a good amp, I hope you can get it fixed.

Edited by batteredhaggis