nomismo

Kef Reference Owners Club

I was planning to be an owner of a set of Reference 4's at time of writing. However, I'm now in posession of some new experiences. I loved them... and the buyer (on EB) is a dealer, who outbid me by £20... 

I recently became the owner of a beat up pair of Ref 104aB, I paid 100 aussie dollars (about 60 pounds) for them, one has been burnt on the side of the cabinet, neither tweeters were working and they had been stored really badly, in all an utter mess.

I had to rescue them, swapped the fuses and the tweeters are now working and they sound very nice indeed, I shall get around to recapping the crossovers, but to be honest they sound good as is.

46485982_10217977123888058_8778360433682677760_n.thumb.jpg.3c2e90286899b8a0af870b0f0d1fe440.jpg

Castle and KEF.jpg

• Like 1

Using a late pair of Kef Reference 103.2 here, had wanted to try some for ages after reading many reviews that made me think that I'd like them....and I really do! Terrific speakers.

Super Wammer
On 05/02/2019 at 22:35, Clubsport911 said:

I was planning to be an owner of a set of Reference 4's at time of writing. However, I'm now in posession of some new experiences. I loved them... and the buyer (on EB) is a dealer, who outbid me by £20... 

Are ‘new experiences’ a new brand of speaker?  The Ref 4s you missed out on, were they the ones in Bath that went for £1,007?

Yes...2s to go, no bids... sigh...

Posted (edited)

I have said that one ought to sell your car, re-mortgage your house or take any reasonable or unreasonable action to obtain a pair of KEF Reference Fours. Well I have taken steps to corner the world's used speaker market for Reference 4s and even have a Reference 3. All are located at the center of the universe - Washington, DC,  a city that really believes the sun circles the earth and cannot be convinced otherwise.  I have a gleaming pair of KEF Blades now and couldn't be happier. For details about Canadians, dogs, junkies and how to obtain Reference 4s, please read the attached. I promise that some of it is true.

Best,

John Hirsch

202-999-5563

Letter to London.docx

Edited by John Hirsch
error