sunbeamgls

Thinking of 2015 Already?

Super Wammer

I'm already thinking of 2015.

I've posted up pics of my ultra portable hotel system (large camera bag) here http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?p=1883235

Thinking of bake off of this system vs a system that will fit in airline standard carry on luggage which is same source with passive pre-amp, Cyrus power amp and Dynaudio speakers.

Doing this in one of the small bedrooms.

Woukd this create some interest? If so I'll put in an application, if not I'll propose something else.

Most wammers can't think about Scalford 2015 as they have no idea what kit they will have in 8 weeks time let alone 8 months :D

Super Wammer

Fair point Tel. However, when there are multiple systems and combinations of those systems to choose from, you have to start speculating pretty early ;-)

[h=2]"Thinking of 2015 Already? "[/h]

shudders and hides in cupboard. Please, not yet!

Super Wammer

I thought it was 365/24/7 for you James!

Yep, I've already got my system planned, should I be lucky enough to be allocated a room. :geek:

Turntables will be involved; all direct drive...

I was thinking of reel to reel tape into a different pair of actives.

However as per usual there is a risk that my kit might be very different by then...

Ask me again in Feb 2015 - late Feb!

Yep, I've already got my system planned, should I be lucky enough to be allocated a room. :geek:

Turntables will be involved; all direct drive...

Having only recently 'discovered' direct drive, that's something I'd like to see. :^

I thought direct drive was the turntable equivalent to CVT on cars.

I thought direct drive was the turntable equivalent to CVT on cars.

I thought CVT used a belt. :P

Actually, given that a direct drive changes speed very quickly but is very lumpy under low load (i.e. if you take the platter off), it's more a like a flappy paddle gearchange.

I was thinking more permanently looking for the correct gear, rather than just being in the wrong one.

I thought CVT used a belt. :P

You know that there is nothing worse than an ex-smoker for getting on the case of those who still partake? . . . . . :whistle:

I was thinking of going as a visitor next year, but I'm already thinking that my interest in exploring audio's back alleys and dead ends means I might have something worth showing again next year. So if I'm lucky to get a room allocated, I might be back again as an exhibitor....:)..and still not be able to get round to listening to more than one or two other rooms. :(

S

I was thinking of going as a visitor next year, but I'm already thinking that my interest in exploring audio's back alleys and dead ends means I might have something worth showing again next year. So if I'm lucky to get a room allocated, I might be back again as an exhibitor....:)..and still not be able to get round to listening to more than one or two other rooms. :(

S

8-track?

Wax cylinders?

Pianola?

:D