Interesting that the 3 of you that own a TEAD Pre are using a non-Tom power amp.

The old question about 'which item is most important in hi-fi?/ GIGO' conundrum. (Garbage in-garbage out)

Looks like you've narrowed it down!

All we need is to ensure the SIGNAL is pure now!

Super Wammer

Count me in :)

Running vibe/pulse with Mcintosh and Korato valve power to biamp my tannoy. Very very impressive that vibe. The separation, detail, width and depth, very dynamic and true. Don't like the word transparent cos it sometimes imply cold and analytical which the vibe really isn't.

Listened to a lot of live recordings recently and it brings that live feel to my room with plenty of atmosphere. Made my other valve preamp a shade too cuddly and slow.....

I have been a fan of Tom Evans equipment for a long time and have had my Vibe / pulse combo for quite a few years. I was recently working in Cardiff so decided to take my Vibe down to Tom and Paul at Audio Designs and had it Upgraded to the Vibe 1.5 Phoenix . So it's been back in my system for 3 weeks and it's sounds Fantastic. What a great upgrade . The music sounds more open , with greater detail but not at all harsh, more air , easier to live with , more musical . I am really very pleased with this upgrade. I would also agree with the descriptions of this upgrade at the beginning of this thread. I would encourage any Vibe owner to go for this upgrade. In what can be a rather expensive hobby, this upgrade seems to be easily worth the £400.

This year I hope to finally upgrade my Amps to Toms Linear B's. I heard my upgraded vibe and my top spec TEAD Eikos CDP through some Linear B Amps at TEAD and Even through some very modest old Kef speakers they have there , the result was totally stunning. I really like how Toms equipment can often be a brilliant evolution rather than a revolution. The upgrades I have done to my twin pulse Eikos CDP And now to my Vibe / pulse Pre amp have been fantastic and actually fairly cost effective by audiophile standards. It's been a very musical Christmas, even my wife said how nice it sounded. High praise indeed.

Very interesting reading all your comments on the TE equipment. I own a Vibe/Pulse and a Linear A, and of course, they are a very musical combination. A friend also owns a Vibe/Pulse which has been upgraded to the Phoenix, he also has Linear Bs. Sometime over the winter we are going to have a shoot out just to see how the two Vibes compare. We will let Tom know and I will post our findings on here in due course. Has anyone who owns a Linear amp had the new copper binding posts fitted?

I wish you all a Healthy and Happy New Year and hope you all keep enjoying your music!

My friend and I finally did the Vibe shoot-out this weekend. Using his system, which includes Origin Live table, ZYX cart, Master Groove phono stage, Linear Bs and a pair of Shahinian Arcs, we listened to my Vibe. Fantastic sound, as you would expect, surely the Phoenix upgrade couldn't add much to the sound ? Well I can't really find the words to fully describe the improvements, but believe me the Phoenix adds an awful lot more to the sound. Much more expansive, soundstage grows wider, deeper and higher. Individual elements are even easier to follow although not to the detriment of the performance as a whole.

I won't forget this little test, I have been listening to decent hi-fi for many years and I can only say the performance I heard through the Phoenix Vibe was quite special. I will be contacting Tom and his Team about Vibe upgrades very soon!

Hi. I'm new to this forum, so please bear with me. I have just taken delivery of my Groove+SRX and my Michell Argo HR, both of which have been upgraded and been brought up to full mk. II status by Tom. I'm quite staggered, frankly. It's been a long time since I just put on record after record without noticing the time until the sun came up. I already held these products in pretty high regard, so was expecting the upgrade to be just the icing on the cake. I don't quite know what to say, the difference was startling. It was a revelation to find just how much more was hidden in the grooves of records I thought I knew well. Imagery nothing short of holographic. If you have an Argo or Vibe and/or a Groove and were thinking about the upgrade, I would council you to think no longer. I don't even want to listen to the Mastergroove. I fear I might start thinking 'I don't really need both kidneys...'

You DO need both kidneys; to deal with the wine you drink whilst being up for hours, lost in music! I recall JUST the same, putting LPs on my Rock which delves deep into the grooves just as well-or better? Savour it!

Yeah maybe I do. Which Rock do you have? I used to have a Rock Reference. I also used to work for Pink Triangle. I now use a PT Anniversary with a Helius Omega. I've modded the Pink with the plastic (therefore lightweight) trough from the Townshend Avalon. Mounted on a lightweight carbon-fibre outrigger I made. I feel it combines the best of the two design philosophies I had the most resect for. It sounds amazing. Particularly through Tom's phono/pre.