The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Sign in to follow this  
Bourney

Living voice

It's probably those dodgy 300B's you're using.:P

Any more of that and I will shit in the ports before they go back.

Almost decided. I can understand why people love them. But also why some swap them after a while.

Indeed, who in their right mind would bolt random bits of speakers from across the world together and attempt to make them work using dodgy electronic crossovers and left over valve amps. :D

I think that's a bit harsh on Kevin Scott..

Oh! I see...!

Any more of that and I will shit in the ports before they go back.

Your cats have probably already done that. :x

- - - Updated - - -

As for Colour Of Spring - I've heard this on Phils (Papa Lazarou) system and it doesn't lack any impact at all.:nup: Maybe you need to change the ditgital room correction box for a nice Kondo preamp.:P

I am having a listen to a pair of OBX this week. They do sound rather nice with most stuff. However Colour of spring seems to lack a little impact compared with other speakers I have had here. Have I found the limitations of LVs or have I missed something in the setup?

They do require a LOT of toe in Mark ( you probably know that already) i also got a cleaner sound and tighter bass putting tesco granite chopping boards under them. They are not the last thing in detail or the deepest tightest bass but as an all rounder they ticked most of the boxes i wanted.

Amps play a huge part as well, i owned WAD 300SE's sold them on here ( maybe you bought them i cant recall) i liked them ok with the LV's but when i put in the Hyperion HT88 18w se monos they were a different speaker altogether huge difference in my opinion ( still some of the best amplification i have ever owned) Sound changed again when i put the ART Carissa in, the sound stage grew a huge amount, bass was deeper but mid became very forward, this was fantastic with some material but grating and annoying with others. Again i think as an all rounder these are better than most. To be fair also my LV's were the avatar II's not the more expensive ones.

hope that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

As for Colour Of Spring - I've heard this on Phils (Papa Lazarou) system and it doesn't lack any impact at all.:nup: Maybe you need to change the ditgital room correction box for a nice Kondo preamp.:P

Yeah Phils amp is a cracker so again as i said the amps make a huge difference. Kevin made these to compliment valve amps and im sure he would let you now which ones he really likes with his speakers.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been using my man juices to see if a bit more internal damping helps.

They hardly need any correction firing accross the room.

Maybe I just need to dump the Koestu and get an Io.

30 year old Kans and a Nait are where it's at these days Mark - IO's are so last year.:P

I'm not 100% convinced yet with the LVs. Nearly there though.

Maybe I just need to dump the Koestu and get an Io.

or just get that phonostage built :P

You do realise there is a substantial 'restocking charge' should you want to return them.;-)

I'll let you off for the next repair/bodge fee. ;)

I'll let you off for the next repair/bodge fee. ;)

Have you bought some LV's? And if so why?

or just get that phonostage built :P

Aye, it could just be that crap phono stage of yours.

I have got the LV's as far apart as I can whilst still being in the same room. They seemed to work best with medium toe-in to me. There is a tiny fraction of correction on the bottom end that removes the merest hint of a boom. They do sound good. The soundstage and separation are about as good as I can get in the room I think.

Maybe my worn out syrupy Koetsu doesn't help. Maybe what I need is to get the Decca sorted.

Much to ponder.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you bought some LV's? And if so why?

Not yet. And why not?

• Upvote 1

. They do sound rather nice with most stuff. However Colour of spring seems to lack a little impact compared with other speakers I have had here.

:whistle:

95d0fb1aef1fefcc78714fd0781ad0fc.jpg

The LVs bass is a strange one. I used to think it was their weakness but it worked so well in my room once I had the right amp and them set up correctly. Previous to that it had been a bit lost and soft at times. The Es I'm using initially had impressive bass compared with the OBXs but I now find that actually the LVs bass was very consistent , well balanced and strangely, considering most peoples finding with LVs, pretty dynamic and controlled. Very easy to take for granted what they do so well.

Agreed Steve. I am very fond of my old LVs. Have no desire whatsoever to part with them.