killie99

Thorens Thorens Thorens

So, Thorens.

I love them. 150's, 160's and now a 125 Mk2. The 125 has shown a clean pair of heels to my old fruitbox for about a quarter of the price. When I've finished tarting it up I'll post some pics - just waiting on a new plinth being hand crafted and all will be revealed .....

Newly acquired TD124 here. Having gone through a 150 and 2 or 3 125's I had always hankered after a 124. At the moment all I have been able to do is admire it but I hope to be spinning vinyl soon. Actually the trusty AR is doing just fine right this minute but soon I hope it will have a rival for the title 'favoured turntable'!

Guest Crazytrain

Are Thorens good starter decks? Depending on where my midlife crisis takes me, i might get back into vinyl:nerves:

They are superb decks. A well setup TD160 is no starter deck, I'd happily stick any of the ones I've refurb'd up against anything under £1000 new. The prices are creeping up though. A year ago you could pick up good 160's for under £100, you'll be doing well to get a good one for under £200 now. With an RB250 or RB300 they punch well above their weight.

Couldn't agree more. Also great with SME arms like mine. In fact, I've just bought another cause I wanted it's plinth. I may have a complete 160 for sale soon in a std plinth, minus arm and cart?

Guest MJ.

I'm putting together a TD125 MkII as we 'speak'. Very well made / substantial decks and uber quiet.

I've sorted the arm (SME 3009 non-improved); just waiting for a cart to arrive, can't wait :D

I used to own the TD180, It was my first turntable and I loved it!

Would love to have another. Thorens deck one day :)

thorens002.jpg

My 125. Top drawer and the biggest turntable bargain out there.

• Upvote 1

Guest MJ.

Lovely looking deck that Geoff. Puts mine to shame.

Guest MJ.

One of mine.

Not as pretty as Geoff's but more traditional

CIMG4843_zps399794e8.jpg

and one at rest with the lid on ...................

IMG_02051_zps3eea892d.jpg