Chumpy

Marantz

Super Wammer

have IMO/FME/purchasing-usage made some great-value audio products.

Definitely loving my preloved SA11-S2.

Daughter has one of the ancient integrated c 120 wpc amps and that still sounds fine having been carted around

half a dozen different houses and soundly abused.

The first time I came across Marantz was when I auditioned a CD63KI Signature many years ago and I remember being very impressed.

A few years later, we bought a "Richer Sounds special" system when money was tight, based on a CD5400 and the matching amp. It surprised me as to how musical it was. My father bought a CD5001 based system and has been very pleased with it and my son has a CD5001 OSE which he gets plenty of use from.

These days, we have an M-CR603 in the living room with B&W 686 speakers (we can't fit much else in alongside the surround sound system) and have been very pleased streaming via airplay to it. We have been amazed at just how good this little box of tricks has been.

All in all, I think they're a thoroughly reliable manufacturer who make excellent quality components, especially at the more budget end of the market. I would have no hesitation in looking at their premium equipment if i could ever afford it.

Super Wammer

I agree that despite my prejudices-predelictions elsewhere that - from my experience - Marantz are the best audio-manufacturer. Usually, their stuff sounds great/lasts/is cheaper than other makers-floggers.

Super Wammer

Currently using a Marantz NA 7004 as dac for my headphone rig and have quite impressed with its resolution and tonality. Its optically connected to a small desk top I use for a server and fed lossless. I have also tried it with my main system in place of my other digital sources two cd players and a blue-ray. To be honest it showed them all up. Apparently the dac section is essentially the same as the one found in the Marantz KI Pearl.

I have a CD94 and CDA94. Love them dearly and won't be parting with them any time soon!

DSCF9626_zpsb525868e.jpg

I've been using this stunningly beautiful (imo) piece of kit for a few months now as a headphone amp and also a phonostage.

I think it's wonderful. :)

Also surprisingly good as a speaker-driving amplifier, certainly good enough as a fallback for when between amps.

Super Wammer

Just got mi sen a cd/da12. Been looking for a good example for ages, I love em! Great detail, solid bass, and the upper registers are nice and easy.

DSCF9626_zpsb525868e.jpg

I've been using this stunningly beautiful (imo) piece of kit for a few months now as a headphone amp and also a phonostage.

I think it's wonderful. :)

Also surprisingly good as a speaker-driving amplifier, certainly good enough as a fallback for when between amps.

I Would buy this Just to Look at, Oh and I've Jut bought a CD63 KI on Gumtree for £15 no remote :)

I Would buy this Just to Look at,

That's exactly what I did! It was only ever intended as an ornament. :love: ... the good sounding phonostage and headphone sockets were an unexpected bonus!

Super Wammer

Some lovely greatest-ever audio Marantz prods. sold/exist - we have 3 of them still ...

Started listening to CD seriously with a CD17(replacing a Richer Sounds special CD 48). Now using CD 17 M2 and at the right time/price will probably get a Chord DAC and use CD17 as transport.

Had second system comprising CD6000OSE LE/ PM600OSE (bought for a song:)) and sold on for reasonable profit a year ago.

Marantz kit is well built and reliable IMHO.

I've had my CD-94II since 1991, lovely thing. Was my first CDP :D

One of the most beautiful CD Players ever made, wish l brought one back in the day- brought a Cambridge Audio CD2 instead...... which was also a bit of a looker.