Sign in to follow this  
Guest batman

john lennon ... get over it!!!

Guest batman

... jeez fresh from my rant on the kaisers and then this ... 25 yrs ago ...musically overrated ,head up his own arse ... discuss

Tend to agree with you on this, but I suspect you might have started a war...:lmao:

Strange how alot of people label Lennon and Macca geniuses but apart from the odd bit of solo brilliance they missed the target more times than they hit it imho. Only togetherdid they really function and that comes acrosseven with the later bickering that tore them apart. With Lennon's solo work they after Imagine he should have shut the lid on the piano and called it a day. He was never going to top that one

ok all true. but where would we be without them.:Not Sure:

hifiwigwam wrote:

Somewhere else?

Guest batman

hifiwigwam wrote:

not sure boss , but sure as hell know music would,nt have ground to halt like everyone seems to think . lets not forget rock,n,roll was well established by the time of the beatles if it wasn,t them next it would have been someone else to fill the gap... always thought the early stones had far more about them...

Hugely influential. Just think, without the Beatles we might never have got Oasis.....

.....bastards! :grrr:

batman wrote:

hifiwigwam wrote:

not sure boss , but sure as hell know music would,nt have ground to halt like everyone seems to think . lets not forget rock,n,roll was well established by the time of the beatles if it wasn,t them next it would have been someone else to fill the gap... always thought the early stones had far more about them...

Yeah I do like the early Stones, my favourite Stones album is Out Of Our Heads (US version) from 1965

hifiwigwam wrote:

Er, would we be any worse off? Sgt Pepper? Music hall album...

Nah, The Beatles never did it for me, and as for "Imagine" - hypocritical hippy tosh from a man who had a floor of a building just for his fur coats: "Imagine no possessions", I don't think he could...

And Oasis is the clincher: imagine no Oasis, it's easy if you try...

Boxer

boxer wrote:

hifiwigwam wrote:

Er, would we be any worse off? Sgt Pepper? Music hall album...

Nah, The Beatles never did it for me, and as for "Imagine" - hypocritical hippy tosh from a man who had a floor of a building just for his fur coats: "Imagine no possessions", I don't think he could...

And Oasis is the clincher: imagine no Oasis, it's easy if you try...

Boxer

:lmao:

Guest earl of sodbury

[cabbie] Why, when he could have had any bird he tipped his hat to, did he marry that minging, talentless, smug, self-absorbed cunt Yoko Ono? Have you got any idea how hard it is to find a Japanese woman quite that butt-ugly (apart from the Ainu of course...); she has a face somewhere between a badly-slapped arse anda burglar's bulldog licking piss off a nettle...

Christ what a cunt, should of been shot years earlier... [/cabbie]

earl of sodbury wrote:

[cabbie] Why, when he could have had any bird he tipped his hat to, did he marry that minging, talentless, smug, self-absorbed C**t Yoko Ono?   Have you got any idea how hard it is to find a Japanese woman quite that butt-ugly (apart from the Ainu of course...); she has a face somewhere between a badly-slapped arse and a burglar's bulldog licking piss off a nettle...

Christ what a C**t, should of been shot years earlier...  [/cabbie]

I take it you know her personally

Guest earl of sodbury

snapper wrote:

earl of sodbury wrote:
[cabbie] Why, when he could have had any bird he tipped his hat to, did he marry that minging, talentless, smug, self-absorbed C**t Yoko Ono? Have you got any idea how hard it is to find a Japanese woman quite that butt-ugly (apart from the Ainu of course...); she has a face somewhere between a badly-slapped arse anda burglar's bulldog licking piss off a nettle...

Christ what a C**t, should of been shot years earlier... [/cabbie]

I take it you know her personally

not in the biblical sense